The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2022 shave #103 (DE:24 SE:29 Str:50 Cart:0) - 1359 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Speick
Stirling synth
Quinn Cucumber and Mint
Nivea 2:1
V's Barbershop Tonic

This is my first time using Speick. It's funny to say, but it smells somewhat like I expected it to. An herbal sharp spiciness. So I pulled out the only sharp scent I had to pair with it. Kept with this amazing razor because it's out and I'm getting silky smooth shaves. All of you coming to Vegas will be welcome to feel my BBS cheeks.

Yesterday I spent the majority of the day working on a paper for school and negotiating my bingo win with @GearNoir. My parents are supposed to be flying in on Thursday for the weekend with my nephew. Dad let me know yesterday morning it was snowing in Portland. A major highway shut down with cars stuck, 40,000 without power, etc. Hopefully, there are enough days between now and the weather won't be affecting their flights. Apparently, this is the latest in the year they have had snow in over 80 years.
77017C1C-AF3D-4C44-9E8E-012427F1CC8C.jpeg

Sunday:
2022 shave #101 (DE:24 SE:27 Str:50 Cart:0) - 1357 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Wholly Kaw Agrumi in Estate
?
No name lemon toner
Wholly Kaw Agrumi in Estate AS
I'm curious....what's with the ?

Well dang! I hope the family can still make it down!

And don’t be trying to get me in trouble!

2022 shave #104 (DE:24 SE:29 Str:51 Cart:0) - 1360 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Reuzel "Holland's finest"
Razorock synth
Quinn Cucumber and Mint
Hermetico Source 1

I think I used this cream once before but couldn't remember. The cream itself is pretty because it's all shiney. I think I didn't do Holland's finest shave cream any favors and overwatered it a bit. By the end of the last pass, it was dissipating very quickly and providing no slickness. I did use my professional shaving skillz to come out with a BBS and injury-free shave.

Something amusing, I'm one of those that still feels the motion of the ship for several days after getting off a cruise. I've always enjoyed it because it brings back memories and makes it feel like my vacation wasn't already months in the past. Well, this time, I'm still feeling it. We're over a week and a half since the cruise and sitting at my desk when I move my head I feel like everything is rocking back and forth. And in the bathroom and other smaller rooms I feel my toes digging in because it feels like starting to lean forward. The body does odd things.
F0F7E895-6EF5-4255-AF50-9FD771958198.jpeg

Back