The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2022 shave #95 (DE:23 SE:24 Str:48 Cart:0) - 1351 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Murphy & McNeil Granualie
Sorrenitno Blonde Vixen
Quinn's Lavendar toner
Nivea 2:1
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
5E085BE3-8C3A-4FF7-BBDE-78764C3EC007.jpeg

2022 shave #96 (DE:24 SE:24 Str:48 Cart:0) - 1352 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Israeli Personna
Stirling bar soap
Marc-Antoine B683

Hey, you guys know we could save a ton of money by going back to shaving in the shower with bar soap??

Last edited:
2022 shave #96 (DE:24 SE:24 Str:48 Cart:0) - 1352 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Israeli Personna
Stirling bar soap
Marc-Antoine B683

Hey, you guys know we could save a ton of money by going back to shaving in the shower with bar soap??
We DO NOT want to see that video!

2022 shave #97 (DE:24 SE:25 Str:48 Cart:0) - 1353 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Lakewood Beale Street
Honeycomb Blue
No-name lavender toner
Le Labo Tabac 28

Back to your normally scheduled shaves.
15C51E53-88F6-46E3-A5BF-F7FCEFE11109.jpeg

2022 shave #98 (DE:24 SE:26 Str:48 Cart:0) - 1354 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Southern Witchcrafts Samhain
Sorrentino Oregon State
Quinn Cucumber Mint toner
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

Oh mercy my face is smoooooooth. Ok, so here's my latest adventure. I saw a video where you can make automated shortcuts on your phone when it scans NFC stickers. Those are those little round stickers that sometimes you see on the back of electronics that look like they have a little circuit stuck to them. Well, I have all the lights in the living room plugged into wifi outlets and programmed through Alexa to turn them on before dusk and then off at midnight in case someone forgets to turn them off. The only way to control them otherwise is with the app on my phone or talking to Alexa. I think it's pretty cool. At Christmas we have all the Christmas stuff plugged into other outlets and you can say "Turn on Christmas" and it all pops on or just "Turn on tree" and of course, the tree turns on. Well, my wife isn't so thrilled with talking to Alexa. So I figured I'd order some of these NFC stickers and stick one somewhere near the hallway so when she goes to bed she can just scan it and a routine would turn off all the lights. Got the NFCs yesterday, and figured out how to scan one and where to set the shortcuts for it. Well, found out that the Alexa app doesn't all for anything like that. You can do a lot of stuff if you want to interface with Apple apps. Like play a certain apple music play list, or automatically set the phone to silent. Etc. But not so much with other apps. So now I have a sticker that I can scan and the weather app opens on my phone just to see that it works....
1C8E2D2B-E6A6-43EB-8170-68A5CE40417C.jpeg

2022 shave #98 (DE:24 SE:26 Str:48 Cart:0) - 1354 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Southern Witchcrafts Samhain
Sorrentino Oregon State
Quinn Cucumber Mint toner
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

Oh mercy my face is smoooooooth. Ok, so here's my latest adventure. I saw a video where you can make automated shortcuts on your phone when it scans NFC stickers. Those are those little round stickers that sometimes you see on the back of electronics that look like they have a little circuit stuck to them. Well, I have all the lights in the living room plugged into wifi outlets and programmed through Alexa to turn them on before dusk and then off at midnight in case someone forgets to turn them off. The only way to control them otherwise is with the app on my phone or talking to Alexa. I think it's pretty cool. At Christmas we have all the Christmas stuff plugged into other outlets and you can say "Turn on Christmas" and it all pops on or just "Turn on tree" and of course, the tree turns on. Well, my wife isn't so thrilled with talking to Alexa. So I figured I'd order some of these NFC stickers and stick one somewhere near the hallway so when she goes to bed she can just scan it and a routine would turn off all the lights. Got the NFCs yesterday, and figured out how to scan one and where to set the shortcuts for it. Well, found out that the Alexa app doesn't all for anything like that. You can do a lot of stuff if you want to interface with Apple apps. Like play a certain apple music play list, or automatically set the phone to silent. Etc. But not so much with other apps. So now I have a sticker that I can scan and the weather app opens on my phone just to see that it works....
View attachment 79761
Awesome Brush - and the machines are going to be our overlords….

1649355936029.jpeg

2022 shave #99 (DE:24 SE:26 Str:49 Cart:0) - 1355 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Captain's Choice Lime
AP silk smoke knot
No name lemon toner
Truefit and Hill West Indian Limes

Well we jumped from unseasonably cool to a touch too warm yesterday. It was lovely for enjoying the deck after work, but not so lovely where all the open windows allowed us to experience the screaming fight inside the house below us at 2am. It would be a better deal if it were at least in English so we could have some entertainment. I heard it long enough to get dressed and shine the big flashlight into their kitchen window from our deck. That was enough that I didn't have to go down and pound on their front door. And Vegas guys, can we all agree that the proper thermostat setting for a hotel room is approximately 55? :D
815F9A0C-D378-4E51-8DCA-D126B4A12884.jpeg

No
2022 shave #99 (DE:24 SE:26 Str:49 Cart:0) - 1355 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Captain's Choice Lime
AP silk smoke knot
No name lemon toner
Truefit and Hill West Indian Limes

Well we jumped from unseasonably cool to a touch too warm yesterday. It was lovely for enjoying the deck after work, but not so lovely where all the open windows allowed us to experience the screaming fight inside the house below us at 2am. It would be a better deal if it were at least in English so we could have some entertainment. I heard it long enough to get dressed and shine the big flashlight into their kitchen window from our deck. That was enough that I didn't have to go down and pound on their front door. And Vegas guys, can we all agree that the proper thermostat setting for a hotel room is approximately 55? :D
View attachment 79837
Not in our room. 45 !…..Well at least until Sharon says otherwise 😝

Back