The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2022 shave #49 (DE:10 SE:15 Str:24 Cart:0) - 1306 days of consecutive shaving
Gillette Aristocrat w/ Wizamet (1)
Southern Witchcrafts Cedar
Honeycomb blue
Quinn's Cucumber and Mint
Nivea 2:1
Cremo Blue Cedar and Cypress PdT

Here's your friggin' picture!
View attachment 76151
I17
Man, does that Aristocrat look sweet. Its on my wish list. Just have to figure out how to get the purchase past the wife.

2022 shave #52 (DE:11 SE:16 Str:25 Cart:0) - 1309 days of consecutive shaving
Blackland Vector w/ Schick Proline (1)
Viking Tree of Life
TSC Legacy
No-name Lemon

Hey ladies, your Vector just too dainty and delicate for something as manly as wet shaving? Throw on a beefy handle to get out of the leg shaver zone!
61345BDD-690B-4F5A-BF53-1C7143456B2A.jpeg

2022 shave #52 (DE:11 SE:16 Str:25 Cart:0) - 1309 days of consecutive shaving
Blackland Vector w/ Schick Proline (1)
Viking Tree of Life
TSC Legacy
No-name Lemon

Hey ladies, your Vector just too dainty and delicate for something as manly as wet shaving? Throw on a beefy handle to get out of the leg shaver zone!
View attachment 76352
ROFL You compensating Again?

Tuesday:

2022 shave #53 (DE:12 SE:16 Str:25 Cart:0) - 1310 days of consecutive shaving
Timeless w/ Wizamet (2)
Stirling Texas on Fire
Stirling synth
No-name Lemon
Stirling Texas on Fire AS
Le Labo Tabac 28
9E059300-2B44-436B-9113-03E541CC3289.jpeg

2022 shave #57 (DE:12 SE:18 Str:27 Cart:0) - 1314 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (7)
Grooming Dept Elan
Honeycomb blue
No-name Lemon
Bleu de Chanel

Been a bit of a couple of weeks. Long story short my tenuous grasp on my mental health some days is covered in olive oil. I took yesterday off just because and planned on a do nothing day at home. One of the cats had a different idea and had stopped eating and drinking along with around the clock bouts of vomiting. Called around and no vet had availability so off to the animal ED we went. That long story short, $1500 later she’s back home and doing well. Showed her defiance by getting on a counter and helping herself to sugar cookie for breakfast that she had to chew through plastic wrap to get.

Given it’s gotten to the point that getting a break had turned into a need vs something that would be nice, wife and I spontaneously booked a cruise for just the two of us at the end of March. It’s over spring break so the kids can be elsewhere. They won’t be thrilled with being left out, but such is life.

33CC8C96-64D4-4556-84CD-3615C0E89578.jpeg

wife and I spontaneously booked a cruise for just the two of us
Just in case you find yourself making an unscheduled stop to take on fuel at a seldom used Italian speaking port when the Captain realizes he has no interpreter on staff to communicate docking procedures, volumes of fine Scotch can help you can save the day and volunteer to interpret.

Just remember these words exactly, and when the Captain hands you the public address mike and asks you to tell shore hands to secure the lines….
….. “Heya paisano, puttah the ropes aroundah da cleats” should get er done.
😎

You guys have a great and relaxing time. 👍

I didn’t get to comment on your last SOTD photo - 2nd shave - did you shave only one side of your face with each setup?

2022 shave #60 (DE:14 SE:18 Str:28 Cart:0) - 1316 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (1)
WCS Campfire
Graydog Quilt
Thayer's No Name Lemon
Le Labo Patchouli 24
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc

Well, @Scuttlesoap I did a quick two-pass shave in the morning yesterday as not to be late in dropping off the youngest somewhere. Ended up having to wait for her of course. Had a big family dinner at the in-laws last night and felt like spiffing up with a shower and clean pair of shorts. Any shower needs to be followed by a shave. And given only two passes in the morning, there was enough there to remove to get to BBS.

Sweet mercy, we are very early planners so this somewhat last-minute trip planning has had a couple of uh-oh moments. Finding out what we need to do COVID testwise to get on the ship, being vaccinated we only have to test when we get to the port. But, I realized we're within our 90-days of having COVID where you just get a note from your doctor that you've had it and recovered so you don't have to test (since you can still test positive 90 days later). BUT, we only tested positive with a home test so have no proof to upload that we ever had COVID. So off we rush to get swabbed yesterday to either see if we're testing negative or pop positive and have time to "recover" and get a letter from our doctors. THEN this morning when we were filling out our check-in, I realize my passport expires at the end of April. Panic! When flying internationally it has to be good for three months after your planned return or something. Reading the fine print it seems like for a cruise it only needs to be valid through the end of the cruise. Yes, I should also be able to use just a birth certificate, but finding that would be another task as well.

Crossing fingers nothing else comes up!
DEBF4E92-DC9D-45F2-8F77-6C3BF84F2386.jpeg

Had a series of mini panic attacks over the last couple days hm? Glad you were able to get it all sorted in short order 😂

Back