The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2022 shave #20 (DE:6 SE:6 Str:8 Cart:0) - 1277 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Talbot Winter's Refraction
Sorrentino Winter Ice
Thayers Lemon Professional
Nivea 2:1
Talbot Winter's Refraction AS

I do not like this knot. I like its looks, but I got Eric to drill out to 28mm so I can have a nice big fluffy brush. I used the two spacers he sent so the knot is riding nice and high, but it's dense and pretty stiff in terms of not splaying. My understanding is synth knots don't "work in", but I'm hoping with a few uses it loosens up a bit. If not I'll replace it because I don't want to be discouraged from using this beauty.

Injury report - Cadre member #8 suffered a pulled upper back muscle while in the shower. While he was still able to perform a straight shave with super sexy results, he's grunting and whining. Often this is referenced within the category of Old Guy Injury.
E116D495-2E21-4B29-87C3-42E0037DB92C.jpeg

Yikes! Can’t do them shower gymnastic routines like we used to Dave. I know a guy who works at a hospital…he can hook you up with the good meds 😜👍
Dude, I wish. These days it's friggin hard to get narcotics prescribed! My daughter got her wisdom teeth out last week and was sent home on Tylenol and ibuprophen.

What the heck? I missed Friday too??

2022 shave #21 (DE:6 SE:6 Str:9 Cart:0) - 1278 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Declaration Grooming Daemon
Oz Shaving Purple

671C553A-4769-4750-BC7D-356B3AD112DE.jpeg

Saturday

2022 shave #22 (DE:6 SE:7 Str:9 Cart:0) - 1279 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Mammoth Soaps Almond Leather
Stirling synth (almond colour)
Mammoth Soaps Almond Leather AS

8355642C-3532-4312-B760-3B95CDE8A805.jpeg

2022 shave #24 (DE:6 SE:8 Str:10 Cart:0) - 1281 days of consecutive shaving
Tedalus Essence w/ Feather Proguard (3)
CBL Cigar Shop Cowboy
Muhle Rocca
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

Well, the best thing about this morning is my shave. While I know the hope is this surge is going to be taking its ball and going home soon, it isn't yet. At least here. Things were looking a touch better last week but it kicked the medical center in the spherical reproductive organs this weekend. We have a level system for how impacted the ED is. It tops out at 5. I've never heard 5 announced my whole time here until this morning. Interesting fact, of our 36 COVID patients, only 2 were totally immunized and they are immunocompromised. Say what you will about vaccines and boosters, but they are keeping folks out of our hospital.
1F6491DF-7B2C-4C24-9BE2-A49FD606A88F.jpeg

2022 shave #25 (DE:6 SE:9 Str:10 Cart:0) - 1282 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Captain's Choice Lime
AP Flat Top
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes EdC

Well, it ain't warm, but citrus pulled me in today. Classes start back up and instead of haven't alternating classes each week they are doing back-to-back 2 hour-long classes. I did not know that was the plan and I do not like it. In theory, it means every other week I don't have an excuse to leave work early for school. Plus, 4 hours of class? That just ain't right. I had pretty much been able to forget about school.

I mentioned on the Zoom call, our summer plans have again shifted due to our new microscopic world leader. This summer was supposed to have been a European cruise with my parents. They pulled out a couple of months ago and we came to our own reality shortly after that. Things are so unpredictable, we don't want to get stuck in another shutdown, or stuck in our cabin because of another surge. So we planned a small resort in Mexico, but then the same thought. You have to test 1 day before returning to the US from out of the country. So someone pops positive even without symptoms and at least some of us are stuck in Mexico in a room for an isolation period. So Disney World it is. Yes, in the middle of summer where you can swim in your humidity and I've read there's a 50% chance of rain each day. And I'll tell you, especially Disney World, you gotta plan this stuff way ahead of time. Apps, magic bands, reservations, upgrades to tickets. I'm just along to carry the wallet on this one.
47D539D4-6E48-484E-8271-D315F9A401AA.jpeg

Back