The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2021 shave #277 (DE:102 SE:82 Str:93 Cart:0) - 1168 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (3)
CBL Cup of Joe
Stirling
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Endymion EdP

Had to take my picture over because my razor has soap scum on it and Gear doesn't like that. I find it interesting to read folks that dip their razors in alcohol after every use. Or take them apart to make sure they are totally dry and wipe off the blade. Maybe we use our razors differently because I don't have any rust issues and I figure my razors are workhorses and they don't get preened before going back into the stall.

Decent weekend. About 10 degrees warmer than I would wish but I survived. Took the wife and 2/3s of the kids out to brunch yesterday. Today is our anniversary, but I have a whisky tasting around dinner time so will be staying home to eat. Trying to stay on top of the exercises and OTC meds for the back pain, but I'm not a good patient.
295C4A37-DBC3-4910-B5C2-06EDE89144CE.jpeg

Had to take my picture over because my razor has soap scum on it and Gear doesn't like that. I find it interesting to read folks that dip their razors in alcohol after every use. Or take them apart to make sure they are totally dry and wipe off the blade. Maybe we use our razors differently because I don't have any rust issues and I figure my razors are workhorses and they don't get preened before going back into the stall.
And yet here we are…with a picture with no razor 😜
83AA1F68-2770-44A9-93A9-CA80D4FDAA94.gif

Happy anniversary brother Hope you enjoy one of those nice stogies and a nice dram tonight wish the Mrs. best anniversary as well

2021 shave #278 (DE:103 SE:82 Str:93 Cart:0) - 1169 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (1)
The Sudsy Soapery Citrus & Bay
Custom synth
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Creed Viking

Holy 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 The aching pain in my back has somehow shifted to the other 🤬 side and exploded into 🤬 intense 🤬 pain. I would like major drugs and the rest of the week off please.
86046C76-A612-4427-B560-3ADADBF30752.jpeg

Back