The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2021 shave #57 (DE:21 SE:19 Str:17 Cart:0) - 948 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Striling synth
The Club The Novelist
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Prorasoo Mint and Rosemary talc
Penhaligon's Endymion EdP

Ok, so choosing my kit before the shower so I can take a photo isn't toooo bad so far. Decided to use the best razor in the den again as you can see.

Working from home today as we have a video visit with my daughter's neurologist. That means hot breakfast! I figure a plate full of food isn't bad when most of it is vegetables. The weight loss thing is at a standstill. I guess that's better than moving backward. But still, it would be nice to see a continued downward slope with the change in diet and increased activity. I'm not working out as much as I should, but still getting out for walks during the day. And those walks will be a little longer at least once a week now that I have my FIL's Costco card. I can go can check the whiskey selection once or twice a week ;)

View attachment 48118
Great shave soap. I have a tub of this from when it was called Hemingway 1898+1. Apparently there were some legal issues with using that name, and a change was required. Absolutely love the scent and performance though.

Great shave soap. I have a tub of this from when it was called Hemingway 1898+1. Apparently there were some legal issues with using that name, and a change was required. Absolutely love the scent and performance though.
That's interesting. I had no idea.

Rasberry/Leather is a new combo for me. What are your impressions of the scent?

+1 - that's an interesting combo, interested to hear how it is!
Oh, I've had this for a while and didn't really think about it. It is a bit sweet and the leather rounds it out a bit vs standing out as a leather scent.

2021 shave #64 (DE:23 SE:21 Str:20 Cart:0) - 955 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard 3
Sorrentino Oregon State
Talbot Winter's Refractions
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Talbot Winter's Refractions AS

While I've gotten good shaves from my shavette, this SS is so much smoother and thoughtless!
EC8FD71E-D0E0-47C0-9AD6-358625EFB69E.jpeg

2021 shave #65 (DE:23 SE:21 Str:21 Cart:0) - 956 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Copper boar
Sapone Di Paolo Arancione
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon’s Bayolea

Beautiful start of the morning out on the deck and the start of another week on call. Have a girl here suffering from boy troubles so taking a couple of them for retail therapy. Then a mid term later in the day. Get all the stuff outta the way for lazy times tomorrow.
E61AC27C-3F9F-41BA-B0A9-69C9335276A0.jpeg

Having a daughter starting middle school next year, I am not looking forward to those days.

Back