The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Sorry to hear about your daughter. Hopefully it is something that they can figure out the underlying cause and fix. For me, I was on meds for years until they figured out that my tonsils were causing infections that would trigger them. Once they removed them, no more seizures for me.

2021 shave #39 (DE:18 SE:10 Str:11 Cart:0) - 930 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector Schick Proline (3)
Maggard synth
B&M Cheshire
Alum
Humphreys Citrus
Nivea 2:1
B&M Cheshire AS

Decent weekend. Got into the city for a bit just to get out of the house. Came back with a little whiskey. Even though we hadn't watched any games this year, the Superbowl was fun to watch. And the kids hung out for much of it. Not a lot else going on. We're starting to talk about possible summer trips. I'm sure we're not going to be going on our cruises. The question, that can't be answered yet, is will it be safe to do any big trips? I'm also processing how my daughter's epilepsy factors into things as well.

BTW, I still would like to find a black tea scented EdP. Not tea and lemon. Not tea and cream and lavender. Black tea.

As much as my wife and I love cruising, we're not playing on touching that aspect of vacationing for a few more years; maybe in 2024-25. Given how fast stuff like norovirus would spread on cruise ships in pre-covid days, I'm more than a little wary of getting back on a ship until things are under control worldwide.

Sounded like a much needed, chill weekend. Glad it went well Dave!

Imagining just how long it’s going to take everyone to get vaccinated...then all the folks that are/are planning to refuse the vaccine...yeah. In that regard I don’t think it’s going to be “safe” for a good long while, unless travel organizations are going to continue to require negative tests and perhaps vaccine verification.

Sounded like a much needed, chill weekend. Glad it went well Dave!

Imagining just how long it’s going to take everyone to get vaccinated...then all the folks that are/are planning to refuse the vaccine...yeah. In that regard I don’t think it’s going to be “safe” for a good long while, unless travel organizations are going to continue to require negative tests and perhaps vaccine verification.
according to what the "media " has been reporting there is talk of a travel vaccination card that you will have to have until this is under control at least.. There has also been talk about having to have a stamp or card to use your passport also...

I see you're rocking the Vector/ProLine combo. That combo is my preferred choice.

Major vacations are not in our plans, either. I'm hoping for a quick getaway to New England late summer/early fall. We shall see.

What did Dave shave with this morning??? Oh the suspense!!

2021 shave #40 (DE:18 SE:11 Str:11 Cart:0) - 931 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector Schick Proline (4)
Graydog Education History
Storybook Soapworks Carnivale
Alum
Humphreys Citrus
Mark Buxton Nameless

The question, that can't be answered yet, is will it be safe to do any big trips? I'm also processing how my daughter's epilepsy factors into things as well.
You have a lot that weighs on your mind. Some big questions too. I am sure you will figure it all out. My prayers are with your daughter. This can't be an easy time for her.
BTW, I still would like to find a black tea scented EdP. Not tea and lemon. Not tea and cream and lavender. Black tea.
How about Black Tea and Bay Rum? 🤪

2021 shave #41 (DE:18 SE:12 Str:11 Cart:0) - 932 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector Schick Proline (5)
Sorrentino Sea Foam
The Club Oriental Oud
Alum
Humphreys Citrus
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

I didn't want all my fans to have to wait all day to read my SOTD again. Well, and you guys too. Reached back in the stacks again for an oldie but a goodie. And in honor of Eric's awesome PIF, I used a Sorrentino brush. That's one swell fella!

Back