The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Looks like his mom brought him.... a need for styptic?

'tis nothing but a scratch!
No. I felt it dig in with a hard motionless touchdown on the 3rd pass but no blood. Didn’t even see anything until I was on to the talc.

2021 shave #1 (DE:0 SE:0 Str:1 Cart:0) - 891 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (3)
Paladin Honey Noir Oscar
PdP 63
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
TOBS Jermyn Street

I’m taking a break. Spend over 3 hours and have most of Christmas boxed up for another 10-11 months. Been doing fine with the vaccine other than an arm being more sore than any other shot. But my neck is getting sore, a bit of a headache and a little nausea like being a passenger in a car. Going to see if I can channel @Majorrich and get in a nap.

2021 shave #1 (DE:0 SE:0 Str:1 Cart:0) - 891 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (3)
Paladin Honey Noir Oscar
PdP 63
Alum
Thayers Lemon
TOBS Jermyn Street

I’m taking a break. Spend over 3 hours and have most of Christmas boxed up for another 10-11 months. Been doing fine with the vaccine other than an arm being more sore than any other shot. But my neck is getting sore, a bit of a headache and a little nausea like being a passenger in a car. Going to see if I can channel @Majorrich and get in a nap.
I too get I’ll from being a passenger on a car trip. I was fine on a train trip.
Nap On! 🤟

Just stopping in to see whats going on at the Nurse house. Have you thought about bringing in a priest or anything else to get rid of that demon that's chopping up your face?

I could send you the dollar shave club stuff you signed me up for.

But in all seriousness thinking about ya and wishing your family the best. And also serious you want your dollar shave club back?

2020 a shaving year in review.

#1 DE razor - Rockwell 6S, 105 shaves
#1 SE razor - Occam OREN, 47 shaves. Vector a close 2nd with 32 shaves.
#1 for straight shaves - Feather SS, 137 shaves

#1 DE blade - Wizamet, 59 shaves. This was the year of the switch from Feather to Wizamet. Feather had 56 shaves.
#1 AC blade - Kai Pink, 118 shaves. Again, moved away from the Feather Proguard this year. Proguard had 89 shaves.

2021 shave #3 (DE:0 SE:2 Str:1 Cart:0) - 893 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Kai Pink (1)
Maggard synth
PdP 63
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Mont Blanc Legend EdT

Hey, you guys should really check out this razor! Well, the days off have come to an ended. Like @bentheduck I really needed this time off. Getting up and out tomorrow is going to be rough. I’m an easy riser, but haven’t been getting out of bed until after 7 this whole time. Feeling much more mentally fresh, but work has a way of beating that out of you.

I was reluctant to start the weight loss journey with the cadre again, but am hesitantly looking forward to feeling better in my own clothes. Don’t worry, it will happen at its own pace as the night whisky nightcap will not be left behind.

2021 shave #3 (DE:0 SE:2 Str:1 Cart:0) - 893 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Kai Pink (1)
Maggard synth
PdP 63
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Mont Blanc Legend EdT

Hey, you guys should really check out this razor! Well, the days off have come to an ended. Like @bentheduck I really needed this time off. Getting up and out tomorrow is going to be rough. I’m an easy riser, but haven’t been getting out of bed until after 7 this whole time. Feeling much more mentally fresh, but work has a way of beating that out of you.

I was reluctant to start the weight loss journey with the cadre again, but am hesitantly looking forward to feeling better in my own clothes. Don’t worry, it will happen at its own pace as the night whisky nightcap will not be left behind.
Thank you for your service my friend. I miss it EVERY day. But I must admit, I cannot believe how nice it is to not hear an alarm clock.

Or worse, waking up and looking up at my alarm clock BEFORE it even goes off. There is a reason Nursing is so well respected as a career. It should be. It costs a large chunk of your soul.

Glad you had a good break dude! It was well deserved and much needed I’m sure. Kudos for starting the health challenge!

2021 shave #4 (DE:0 SE:3 Str:1 Cart:0) - 894 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Kai Pink (2)
Sorrentino Oregon State
PdP 63
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Marc-Antoine B683

Here we are. Made it to work. I actually pretty much disconnected from work for much of the last half of my break. I get to live in blissful ignorance for the next few hours until we start some huddles.

Back