The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2020 shave #344 (DE:120 SE:91 Str:132 Cart:0) - 846 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Siliski Toasted Almond
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Marc-Antoine B683

Hello, men of a gentle nature. Been a minute since I posted my shaves. My daughter is still going through a rough patch and dealing with some things. So that means I, and to an extent, the whole family is going through a rough patch and dealing with things. Been worried about my friend Rich. Thought for him and his (oh so tolerant) wife. And may Rich score some cute nurse assignments.

Started getting the Christmas lights up outside. This dumb house only has one electrical outlet in the front and one in the back. This means I need to buy super long 2-prong extension cords and indoor timers so it's taking a bit while we figure it out and order supplies for each step. And creeping up on the end of the school semester. Which means I'm down to just a few things to turn in, but my procrastination has more weight to it. I think I'm still a bit ahead of the game, but I'd like to be done. And I need to jump on bingo today before I get too far behind!

Shavewise, ain't nothin' new. I think I'm set for hardware for a long time coming, though I'd still like a DX or at least try one. Software is a fickle mistress. I'm bored when I look in my closet with an embarrassment of riches. I want to use new things, but tell myself how ridiculous it is to buy more. I do have about six soaps from Pinnacle in my cart, but I've had them there for a week without pulling the trigger. So far so good.

2020 shave #344 (DE:120 SE:91 Str:132 Cart:0) - 846 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Siliski Toasted Almond
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Marc-Antoine B683

Hello, men of a gentle nature. Been a minute since I posted my shaves. My daughter is still going through a rough patch and dealing with some things. So that means I, and to an extent, the whole family is going through a rough patch and dealing with things. Been worried about my friend Rich. Thought for him and his (oh so tolerant) wife. And may Rich score some cute nurse assignments.

Started getting the Christmas lights up outside. This dumb house only has one electrical outlet in the front and one in the back. This means I need to buy super long 2-prong extension cords and indoor timers so it's taking a bit while we figure it out and order supplies for each step. And creeping up on the end of the school semester. Which means I'm down to just a few things to turn in, but my procrastination has more weight to it. I think I'm still a bit ahead of the game, but I'd like to be done. And I need to jump on bingo today before I get too far behind!

Shavewise, ain't nothin' new. I think I'm set for hardware for a long time coming, though I'd still like a DX or at least try one. Software is a fickle mistress. I'm bored when I look in my closet with an embarrassment of riches. I want to use new things, but tell myself how ridiculous it is to buy more. I do have about six soaps from Pinnacle in my cart, but I've had them there for a week without pulling the trigger. So far so good.
Praying for your daughter (and your family!) and your buddy Rich! Friends and family are of the utmost importance. Take care.

got my lights up 2 weekends ago, but we are new to our house since March, so it wasn’t too thought out 🧐I have a lot to figure out for next season...

1605630627423.gif

2020 shave #345 (DE:120 SE:91 Str:133 Cart:0) - 847 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (3)
@Graydog Education History
WSP Campfire
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Stirling Texas on Fire AS

If you never thought you would think "I want to punch you in the throat" about someone, just start looking for today's bingo calls.

Happy I got to text a bit with brother Rich this morning.

Are you at the McGruber throat ripping stage yet?
tenor.gif

I've found that the easiest way for me to avoid additional purchases is to avoid browsing wet shaving product websites. That way, I'm not tempted. Usually works, but not always! Prayers for your daughter and Rich - I hope they each weather their storms. Be well, Dave. (y)

2020 shave #346 (DE:120 SE:91 Str:134 Cart:0) - 848 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (4)
Paladin Honey Noir Oscar
Declaration Grooming Chaipre
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Le Labo The Noir 29

Wow, 2 mentions of Noir in this SOTD. Gear must be swollen with pride!

Got a bit of school work done yesterday so feeling good about that. Worked a bit on the outside Christmas lights. Now time to get moving on planning for Thanksgiving!

2020 shave #347 (DE:120 SE:91 Str:135 Cart:0) - 849 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (5)
Oz purple
Oz Winter
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Florida Water

Well, tomorrow morning I start a week of being on-call. I was looking forward to what should have been a two-day break from some of the home drama that's been constant. There will be that, but our hospital census is to the point of talks of opening the command center just to deal with that. So it will go one of two ways. Nursing will take the leadership on this since they are the only ones that can deal with staffing, or they let all the calls funnel through me and it'll be a rough weekend. Stay tuned bat friends.

Saturday:

2020 shave #348 (DE:121 SE:91 Str:135 Cart:0) - 850 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizmet (3)
?
Maol Tangerine
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Maol Tangerine AS

Back