The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Man, that’s a lot of people let go. 😕 Glad you’re secure, hope it stays that way!

Sorry Dave. I looked around and there is only one individual at my place. Born without a Y chromosome. And said individual would be none too happy if I had any more over. 😬

2020 shave #299 (DE:104 SE:79 Str:115 Cart:0) - 801 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (6)
Paladin Vintage Port Cleo
Strop Shoppe Baker Street
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon’s Endymion

So. Haven’t been getting a lot of sleep these days and I’m just exhausted by the afternoon. Decided to finally get a full night of sleep and tried doubling up on my extended release melatonin. I worked, kinda. I woke up at 3 instead of 1:30, but was able to go back to sleep after a while. Then woke up kinda groggy at 6:30 which is the time I usually get to work. Was shocked. Jumped out of bed, went downstairs and decided to just skip my shave until the evening. It wasn’t until I was getting the shower ready that I finally realized it was Saturday....

Sunday's shave:

2020 shave #300 (DE:104 SE:79 Str:116 Cart:0) - 802 days of consecutive shaving
Psycho w/ ASR (1) & Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (7)
Muhle Rocca
TOBS Eton College
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Yardley Equity talc
TOBS Eton College

Video posted

Monday's shave:

2020 shave #301 (DE:105 SE:79 Str:116 Cart:0) - 803 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (1)
Sorrentino Bonde VIxen
TOBS Grapefruit
Alum
Thayers Lemon

2020 shave #302 (DE:106 SE:79 Str:116 Cart:0) - 804 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (2)
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
B&M Promises
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Le Labo The Noir 29

2020 shave #303 (DE:106 SE:79 Str:117 Cart:0) - 805 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (1)
SV 2.0
SV 70th
Alum
Thayers Lemon
SV 70th

Yesterday with three classes was a slog. All done though to start a day with six hours worth of meetings. Shoot me now. Got me a great shave though.

I keep forgetting to post these things. Thursday:

2020 shave #304 (DE:107 SE:79 Str:117 Cart:0) - 806 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (3)
Graydog Education History
Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

2020 shave #305 (DE:107 SE:79 Str:118 Cart:0) - 807 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (2)
Maggard synth
Tallow + Steel Maya
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Tallow + Steel Maya AS

Not to tempt fate, but I think we're sliding into a decent end of the week. With all the changes at work, it's been a bit different feeling while waiting for everything to shake out. There are still decisions to be made related to who a few folks will be reporting to and work allocation. I give my input and opinions, but these decisions are being made multiple levels above my pay grade, so we just have to keep chugging along until TPTB make some decisions. I know things take time, but not at least being able to listen in on the discussions isn't a position I like being in. Got behind in school work because there were a few days in there I was just not going to get anything done. Managed to get caught back over the last two days. So this weekend should be alright.

The neighbor of the house we own has been in contact with concerns about one of our trees growing around power lines. The short story is, the tree services she's been in contact with don't seem interested in such a small job because the neighbors on the other sides of her I think said no to paying for it or did it themselves. So tomorrow I'll be going out to take care of it. Turns out it's just the line from the big stuff to our house. So I think there's no safety issue there and she's just tired of all the leaves in her backyard when she has no trees herself. Tough boobies. I'll trim it up some, but nature blows where it wishes. I contacted Kyle about powerline safety. He said the chances of getting shocked are pretty low and I would only be a little killed. Ben said the body runs off electrical signals anyway, so what's the problem?

Back