The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

I'm sorry to hear that Dave. Hang in there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. The whole department was pretty stunned and saddened. Our new boss, who will be covering that position in two hospitals comes and meets with the other director and I at 9:30 tomorrow. So we’ll find out what other changes lay in store for us.

Yesterday's shave

2020 shave #296 (DE:104 SE:77 Str:114 Cart:0) - 798 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (5)
Stirling synth
Siliski Frankincense + Myrrh
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
?

2020 shave #297 (DE:104 SE:78 Str:114 Cart:0) - 799 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector w/ Kai Pink (5)
Graydog Quilt
Siliski Citrus
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Tardley Equity talc
Tommy Bahama St Kitts

2020 shave #298 (DE:104 SE:79 Str:114 Cart:0) - 800 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector w/ Kai Pink (6)
Graydog Education History
Siliski Midnight Oasis
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Galimard Sensuel Safron

Happy Friday gentlemen! I don't think I have any ladies that read my journal. Shame really. I think they are all busy hanging out at Ken's place. Went a little middle eastern with the scents of the shave today. And hey, any of you heard of this Vector razor? It's pretty good.

What a week. What a freakin' week. There were 79 lay-offs across our region this week. I guess not a huge number, but a shock nonetheless. It's one of those things where you feel sad for those that are gone, but also relieved that you made it. We're paired with a sister hospital, and they lost a director in the Quality dept as well. Too many details to get into with our structure, but I think we'll have some more changes but I should be safe with the way they are approaching things. And while I didn't like the way it happened, I do like my new boss. She was my boss for a very short period of time before and was the one that was originally going to hire me into my director role. I haven't gotten any school work done the last two days, so that likely will mean doing more on the weekend than I like to plan to. Such is life.

Lay-offs suck! It’s such a mix of emotions. You are sad for the ones that were let go, but glad that you are still employed. Thankfully you made it through.

What is this Vector that you speak of? Is it new?

Back