The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Now that’s an entry! Although the needing to be reminded about the tiny plastic cruise shower with clingy curtain was a little weird... 😜

2020 shave #290 (DE:104 SE:76 Str:109 Cart:0) - 792 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6s w/ Wizamet (3)
Sorrentino Blonde Vixen
Sapone Di Paolo Agrume
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Endymion EdP

Swaying to the classic tunes on WMRK this morning. Went for a simple, slam dunk shave this morning. Antsy to get back to the SS though. Missed the zoom call last night due to school work, but due to the wonders of technology, I was able to play a couple of rounds of a game with some of the crew.

2020 shave #291 (DE:104 SE:76 Str:110 Cart:0) - 793 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (1)
Maggard synth
Tallow + Steel Morikami
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Tallow + Steel Morikami AS

Whew, back to the SS. I have the most fun shaving with this one I must say. A little excited it's Friday, but I start a week of being on-call tomorrow morning...

I tell ya, I have the itch to buy a straight razor(s), but still struggling with this tells me I need to wait. I keep thinking how silly it will be if I dump a lot of money on this stuff and then decide I need to stick with SE.
I have a Weck, a half DE shavette, and a Feather SS Kami, and just picked up a Kai style AC folder from @CBLSoap.com - Most folks have told me a straight is way easier to shave with than any of those I just listed.
I posted the following pick on a FB group the other day asking what they thought in terms of least difficult to most difficult in terms of likelihood of drawing blood and the consensus was something like 1, 5, 3, 4, 2. People were pretty consistent on where they ranked 1, 5, & 2. 3 & 4 varied. BTW 1 is a RazoRock Hawk v. 3
IMG_1718 2.jpg

Back