The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2020 shave #284 (DE:103 SE:72 Str:108 Cart:0) - 786 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (6)
Copper boar
Talbot Winter's Refraction
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Talbot Winter's Refraction AS

Gentlemen, we have achieved Friday. And while it could be better, we could not be at work, most of us get a couple of days off. Shaves have been going well. Nothing new so I figure there's isn't much reason in describing them much. Getting some good stuff out of the SS and often BBS on the neck as well. Creeping up on 300 straight shaves.

Rolling into the weekend in a good place school wise, though I HATE group projects. We have a wine tasting online this evening through the local wine school. We're learning about new Napa AVAs. Picked up the wines yesterday and was bummed to see 4 whites and 2 reds. Come on! It's Napa, and you're concentrating on whites??? At least it's something to do.

One day, I want to grow up to be Ed's hermano too!

Saturday's shave:

2020 shave #285 (DE:103 SE:72 Str:109 Cart:0) - 787 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (7)
Paladin Vintage Port Cleo
Craftsman Soap Co Campfire
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Stirling Texas on Fire AS

2020 shave #286 (DE:103 SE:73 Str:109 Cart:0) - 788 days of consecutive shaving
Gillette Techmatic / rasor section #9 (2)
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
The Holy Black Ancient Forest
Alum
Thayers Lemon
TOBS Jermyn Street

2020 shave #287 (DE:103 SE:74 Str:109 Cart:0) - 789 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Kia Pink (1)
Oz purple
Southern Witchcrafts Cedar
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Marc-Antoine B683

Hey, you guys should try this razor. Gives the best shaves ever!

2020 shave #288 (DE:103 SE:75 Str:109 Cart:0) - 790 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Kia Pink (2)
TSC 2nd Anniversary
Oleo Soapworks Empire
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Oleo Soapworks Empire AS

Figure I better get this entry in early to show Gear I'm on top of things! Though I was late today, so just used the razor that was laying out. I decided to fall back to sleep and wake up just whenever it happened. Only at work for a few hours anyway, then back home to do a couple meetings online and then three classes. Did I tell ya'll how good this razor is?

Entry still short! Don’t be fooled, he’s still behind, just less so than yesterday. 😜

Good call dozing back off. I was tempted to do the same this morning.

2020 shave #289 (DE:103 SE:76 Str:109 Cart:0) - 791 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Kia Pink (3)
Stirling synth
Wilkinson Sword shave stick
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Le Labo Patchouli 24

Entry still short!

For Gear,

This morning started off with a shower of mixed appreciation for scents. I've been using Summer Rain bar soap from Stirling and just don't enjoy the scent so much. I suppose it's fresh and clean, but a bit of artificial sweetness. I just really enjoy a stronger scent in the shower. I mean why not, it doesn't last through the day so it's the perfect time to use something in your face. I mentioned on the Zoom call that I also started using the shampoo they have in the Disney resorts and on their ships. Been using it about a week now and the scent transports me right back to those small plastic showers in the room with the shower curtains that stick to the edge of the tub. I hope that the association doesn't go away. I was also listening to Deep Six by Clive Cussler. @Dave in KY mentioned the character Dirk Pitt and I went and looked it up. This is the 7th in the series, but the 1st one available on audible. I like it. Often I'm listening to the literary equivalent of action movies. Not only are they enjoyable without much thought, but if I get distracted and miss part of it, there's usually no loss to the story. Given that most modern cell phones are now waterproof, I often crank up the volume and balance my phone on the top edge of the shower frame and I'll listen through the shower and the shave.

The shave was good.

My work bag was stuffed full today, so my bingo paperwork got shoved right on top. Half way to the car it occurred to me to ensure that the papers were still there after throwing my bad over my shoulder. Good thing I checked. The actual bingo card sheet was laying on the ground back towards the house. This also allowed me to see that after many days we finally were having a beautiful sunrise again. I took a minute to look out between the houses to enjoy it but then thought about what was in all that land the sun was rising over. This minute bundle of protein laying waste to the whole world. And I remember watching science shows that warned about our vulnerability to this. Just like those shows that warn about super bacteria we woun't be able to kill. Just amazing really. A modern society at the mercy of evolution's most simple form. And I started thinking about years from now, when there is an outbreak of those super bacteria that are already out there, and people again remembering that we were warned about that as well. But, the sunrise was beautiful.

Glad you seem to be enjoying the audiobook Dave. Every one of his books would feature one of the cars from his enormous car collection and there would always be a picture on the dust jacket of the book. The movie Sahara was actually done based on one of his books. He did not like the liberties that were taken during shooting it and swore they never do another movie of one of his books. Have a GREAT day!!

Back