The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Yea it’s gonna be another warm one...ugh.
This soap is strong! I wouldn’t say blueberry though, it’s more Grape Bubble Yum.
I got a heavy synthetic blueberry, like that can of super sweet, preserved blueberries you get in the Krusteaz muffin mix.

2020 shave #273 (DE:99 SE:69 Str:104 Cart:0) - 775 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S / Wizamet (4)
Sorrentino Blonde Vixen
A&E St Barts
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Tommy Bahama St Kitts

Evening shave after some self inflicted damage to my hair. I wanna be like @Dave in KY and have the matching scent for this. I had to mix my Saints.

2020 shave #274 (DE:100 SE:69 Str:104 Cart:0) - 776 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S / Wizamet (1)
Graydog Quilt
CBL Tuscan Lime
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon's English Fern talc
Calvin Klein Euphoria

Got a bit of a reprieve from the heat in the middle of the night. Whew! Made it tougher getting out of bed and thus the 6S. After enjoying the St Kitts yesterday I was in the mood for something sweet and more basic again. This is me kicking it old skool style.

Heading home at noon to be doing online meetings and classes from 12:30 to 9pm. Ohdearlord.

Today is just an ugly day outside...decent winds all day blowing in all the gunk and funk from the fires. Outside looks almost as bad as it did during the Camp fires, minus the insane level of ash. Hopefully you’re avoiding it!

2020 shave #275 (DE:100 SE:69 Str:105 Cart:0) - 777 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (3)
SV TSC
Wholly Kaw Agrumi in Estate
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Wholly Kaw Agrumi in Estate AS

Sad thing is, everyone is looking forward to 2020 being over but there's nothing magical about flipping the calendar over.

My parents up near Portland said their entire county is under an evacuation alert. They are on the far side of the county so they are sure they'll be fine, but apparently many fires on both side of their area. This is crazy.

My parents up near Portland said their entire county is under an evacuation alert. They are on the far side of the county so they are sure they'll be fine, but apparently many fires on both side of their area. This is crazy.
Fire is a scary thing. Hope they get them under control ASAP.

Dude. All these fires are driving me crazy. There are plenty in Texas, but California just seems to never stop burning, except for those bunch of months without the apocalypse. I hope your folks get out safely.

2020 shave #276 (DE:100 SE:70 Str:105 Cart:0) - 778 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Kai Pink (6)
Stirling synth
Storybook Soapworks
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Storybook Soapworks AS

Last time we had a dept leadership meeting I forgot we did while I apply (over-applying) my scent in the morning. So this time I decided to stick with a soap and matching AS to avoid that issue.

Well, the midday midnight is gone. Today the sky is the colour of a sand storm. Or so I imagine.

I watched some of the Giants game, and the color of the sky was unbelievable. They said the air quality was "moderate." I'd hate to see severe!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I watched some of the Giants game, and the color of the sky was unbelievable. They said the air quality was "moderate." I'd hate to see severe!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
It's interesting. They said the high winds are keeping the smoke up higher in the air so we don't smell it. It just blocks out the sun. The winds are supposed to lessen today or tomorrow, the smoke will drop and it'll smell and the air quality will drop.

2020 shave #277 (DE:100 SE:71 Str:105 Cart:0) - 779 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Kai Pink (7)
Paladin Brush of Shame
B&M Cheshire
Alum
Thayers Lemon
B&M Cheshire AS

Can you see that? It's the weekend, just at the end of the day here.

Back