The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2020 shave #127 (DE:55 SE:29 Str:44 Cart:0) - 633 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (2)
Paladin Honey Noir Oscar 28mm
Talbot Tangerine
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Talbot Tangerine AS

Well this shave went pretty well. I think if I had changed the blade earlier yesterday I likely could have squeezed in 1-2 more shaves. Oh well. This is my first use of Talbot and it was good. The scent is nice but could be a touch stronger. The AS is awesome. Smell just like a fresh tangerine, but has hardly any staying power so that’s a bummer.

Several errands to get done today then hoping tomorrow is a whole lotta nothing before I start back at work Monday. A chip video from @GeaNoir would be the perfect end to the weekend.

I think Tangerine is one of those scents that are going to be fleeting no matter what.

How would you compare the Talbot to any more common soaps? The stuff is impossible to come by, good for you getting your hands on some.

I think Tangerine is one of those scents that are going to be fleeting no matter what.

How would you compare the Talbot to any more common soaps? The stuff is impossible to come by, good for you getting your hands on some.
I’m going to have to use it again because I was more thinking about the scent. I think it’s up there top tier like A&E. I happened to look at just the right time to get it. I wouldn’t fall over myself to be able to order it because there are many top tier soaps out there now.

I’m going to have to use it again because I was more thinking about the scent. I think it’s up there top tier like A&E. I happened to look at just the right time to get it. I wouldn’t fall over myself to be able to order it because there are many top tier soaps out there now.

Thanks Dave, good to know. I'm not at all into chasing soap, it's just silly at this point. The one hard to get soap maker I've got was worth it, just because the soap is really unique. An A&E DG style soap is great, but not worth getting in a tizzy over with all the other great options out there.

Speaking of Tangerine

Well shoot, I was hoping Eric was going to pipe up with some Italian EdP that would leave me smelling like a orchard all day.
ADP Colonia is a good option, but when I think of long lasting frags I think at least 6 hours of decent projection. Colonia might fit in that range, but it’s tough to find a really citrus forward scent that lasts.
Sunshine Man.......BOOM
Still one of my absolute favorites, but I don’t get a ton of citrus in it, and what is there seems to burn off or be overpowered by the other notes pretty quickly.

2020 shave #128 (DE:55 SE:30 Str:44 Cart:0) - 634 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector “Merlin” w/ Schick Proline (2)
Stirling synth
Zingari Man The Soloist
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Maison Margiela Replica Jazz Club

One more shave to go until I wrap up this theme. It’s been fun trying to follow along. And how can you not follow The Soloist with Jazz Club?

2020 shave #129 (DE:55 SE:31 Str:44 Cart:0) - 635 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector “Merlin” w/ Schick Proline (3)
Sorrentino Sea Foam
Mystic Waters Raspberry and Lemon
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Florida Water

Video posted. Hey, this Mystic Waters stuff is pretty good. You guys should try it out some time!

Back