The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Almost there Dave! Prescribe yourself some caffeine injections and you’ll be OK 😜

Uh oh, somehow I didn't post yesterday's shave

2020 shave #64 (DE:22 SE:16 Str:26 Cart:0) - 580 days of consecutive shaving
Super Speed w/ Israeli Personna (2)
RazoRock synth
?
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea post shave balm

2020 shave #65 (DE:22 SE:17 Str:26 Cart:0) - 581 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (5)
Stirling synth
GTB
Alum
Thayers Lemon
GTB AS
Nivea post shave balm
Le Labo Tabac 28

I really wanted to use Campfire today, but I have an early leadership meeting in a small conference room so I decided to not wear such a polarizing scent and grace everyone with the GTB BABY!! I couldn't find my GTB EdP, so my cowboy is having a cigar out on the range today. It's all good. All scents that blend well.

I'm working a 1/2 day today and then it's all moving all the time until I can rest my weary bones in the new place. @MarkB says "There isn't much that a good shave and hot cup of coffee can't fix" so it's time for the 2nd part of that.

Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (5)

I would like to hear the story of how Merlin came to be named, when you have time. Or should I look back in the Journal... I'll search and see what turns up. In any event, cool name for your Vector!

I found it, page #200, post #3992: "Another great shave from the Vector. Yes, I'll have to name this one. I'm leaning towards Merlin as it's magic how great and irritation free a shave it gives. I thought I was being a little too aggressive on my neck and I was sure I'd have some alum sting. Nope. See? Magical."

Last edited:
Evening shave:

2020 shave #67 (DE:24 SE:17 Str:26 Cart:0) - 582 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (1)
Stirling synth
Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch
Alum
Thayers Lemon

Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch AS

Every shower deserves a shave. Well, most.

2020 shave #68 (DE:25 SE:17 Str:26 Cart:0) - 583 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (2)
Stirling synth
Oz Fullmoon
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea post shave balm
Tom Ford Ombre Leather

Got a ton done yesterday. Lots happening at work given what you see in the news. Trying to stay current on things there so I’m up to speed on my return. Today is the big push at home. Movers come for the big stuff tomorrow so we want to be pretty much moved by the end of the day.

Back