The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

My Daily Constitutional

WOW Don, just reading this I think was my workout for today

It reads more complicated than it really is. The work out comes from a Program called Active Trax. When you first start it you do a strength assessment (I wasn't very strong). Then you input the info in the system. Then everyday I go to the gym I pull up my workout for the day on my phone. I record the number of reps for each set and it's as simple as that! If I am not sure of an exercise then I can click on a video to see how to do it. It really takes the guess work out of it for now. I can switch between the system I'm on now or I can go to free weights, dumbbells, resistance bands, or other methods. It's really just a simple way for me to get on track.

I’m doing the Strong Lifts 5x5 program. Alternating A&B workouts, 3 times a week.

Here’s A:

I have thought about doing something like what you are doing KJ @Spider but I decided to do something that will gradually build me up for the time being. In a couple of months I might switch to more of what you are doing.

Last edited:
I have thought about doing something like what you are going K @Spider but I decided to do something that will gradually build me up for the time being. In a couple of months I might switch to more of what you are doing.
I just looked it up and it starts you off pretty easy and just keeps you moving up. I think i might give this one a try.

@Spider I assume that's 5 sets of 5?

Yes, 5 sets of 5 reps..... except deadlift is only 1 set. You basically start with a bar (45lbs), and each new day, you add 5 lbs to build your strength. If you do not complete the 5x5, then you don't go up in weight the next time, you repeat it until you can pass the 5x5.

Yes, 5 sets of 5 reps..... except deadlift is only 1 set. You basically start with a bar (45lbs), and each new day, you add 5 lbs to build your strength. If you do not complete the 5x5, then you don't go up in weight the next time, you repeat it until you can pass the 5x5.
Good Plan!

Back