The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

May 2023 Grand Sumo Tournament Contest and Discussion

Some huge wins put up by Terunofuji, Wakamotoharu, & Kiribayama! Awesome leg trip by Waka!!!

In Juryo, we are still all tied up in the Yusho race with Ochia and Atimafuji both 12-1. Their wins today were spectacular! I wonder how the rematch will turn out if they both win tomorrow???

Arguably the best basho in last two years.
I'm enjoying the Ozeki race and many of the junior wrestlers soaring to new heights! I wouldn't doubt if we have another new Ozeki next basho, that is if Wakamotoharu gets 11-12 wins again!

Juryo has been a lot of fun to watch with Gonoyama, Ochai, and Atamifuji busting things up!

Darn Dave…bringing down the average. 🙄
I have a real job I don’t get to sit around in my sweats in my T-shirt, watching sports and being able to handicap and pick the right wrestlers
He was making fun of Dave... It's allowed
So much for a tradition as KJ said below, Chad is like the white claw representative of sumo

It’s sumo, there’s tradition and standards.

Join us next time!
Again, I have a real job

wow what a day of sumo. And the tourney is effectively over.

That Ura VS. Kitanowaka I can not believe that they changed the verdict. Should have been re match in my opinion.

Our Ozeki race has a couple falling short but. We are set up to get one for sure new Ozeki it seems and maybe one or two after July?

Congrats to Teru winning the yusho he looked great! But I really wanted Kiribayama to win that match.

Juryo will be exciting tomorrow!

So this was the first Basho I’ve seen in years. I thought it was a good one to start back with. Mainly just getting my feet wet again as I know none of Rikishi.
I like Jason’s commentary but somebody already mentioned that he only posts like one bout a day. I did find Natto and one or two others. I like Jason because it’s in english and he brings a lot of knowledge in his commentary.
The watch party’s this go round were bad times for me.

Back