The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

26 March, 2020

Good morning all. Hope everyone had a pleasant night! My wife got the email we were both dreading. Her department has been put on reduced hours through April 6 due to the hospital she works for doing away with all elective procedures. I have a feeling though it'll go longer. Oh well. We'll make it through this.

Hope everyone has a great day!

IMG-3089.jpg

PAA "The Cube 2.0" w/ Menthol
West Coast Shaving "Fougere" Shave Soap
28mm Yaqi Tuxedo Synth Brush
Stirling Soap Co. Silicone Shave Bowl
1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless Blade
Alum
PAA Unscented Star Jelly
Brut Original After Shave Splash

Brut Original EdT

Last edited:
I saw yesterday on the news about the tornadoes! So happy that you and yours were unaffected. The new stimulus package that just got passed will have better unemployment benefits for those that need it. Hopefully it won't come to that, but just in case...look out for it. You and the wife will get through things.

I saw yesterday on the news about the tornadoes! So happy that you and yours were unaffected. The new stimulus package that just got passed will have better unemployment benefits for those that need it. Hopefully it won't come to that, but just in case...look out for it. You and the wife will get through things.
Thanks Don. :)

Her department has been put on reduced hours through April 6 due to the hospital she works for doing away with all elective procedures
Wow, that surprises me. We stopped elective procedures two weeks ago, but we're not curtailing anyone. We'll need all the bodies we can get.

Wow, that surprises me. We stopped elective procedures two weeks ago, but we're not curtailing anyone. We'll need all the bodies we can get.
I was scheduled to go get more injections in my back yesterday but they canceled it along with all the others. Bad thing too. I've resorted to sleeping in my recliner full time now due to the back pain. I was able to get in to my spine doctor and get a trigger point injection. That helped some. Problem is it doesn't last long at all. I'm eating ibuprofen by the handful. That can't be healthy in the long run.

@MarkB have you looked into inversion therapy?
Would love to try this at some point as I have lower back issues also.

Sounds like you have a much more serious condition than I do. But what has helped me the most is building up the muscle in my lower back specifically, and mt core in general.

My Orthopedic Doctor approves of what I am doing and encouraged me to continue. But again...it sounds like your condition is different. Hope you can find some relief.

Sorry, stepped away for a minute.

It’s hanging upside down to decompress the spine. If you’ve seen the “teeter hangup” commercials. My dad had one, so we borrowed it to try on my wife. She has back issues and a couple of fusions. Three docs highly recommended it. But said with the fusions, start slow and don’t do full inversion, only partial. She just recently started so, we’ll see.

That’s what I was going to say. Pretty major to put staff on reduced hours, at a hospital given the current circumstances! There’s no way they can shift your wife and others into some support rolls?

That’s what I was going to say. Pretty major to put staff on reduced hours, at a hospital given the current circumstances! There’s no way they can shift your wife and others into some support rolls?
She does scheduling for the imaging dept. so with the elimination of elective procedures, they're not needing as many in the office.

27 March, 2020

Happy Friday to all! Hope you have a great day!

IMG-3095.jpg

PAA "The Cube 2.0" w/ Menthol
Zingari Man "The Nomad" Shave Soap
26mm Yaqi "Mysterious Space" Synth Brush
Stirling Soap Co. Silicone Shaving Bowl
1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless
Alum
PAA Unscented Star Jelly

Ogallala "Bay Rum, Limes, & Peppercorns" Splash

Back