The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Those are some beautiful instruments. I really like RR xXx as well. It was the first bottle of aftershave I ever saw the bottom of. I like Colonia Intensa a bit more than the original, but have yet to smell anything from that line that wasn’t outstanding.

Those are some beautiful instruments. I really like RR xXx as well. It was the first bottle of aftershave I ever saw the bottom of. I like Colonia Intensa a bit more than the original, but have yet to smell anything from that line that wasn’t outstanding.
Thank you!! 🙂

I've not tried the Intensa. Is it a more "intense" version of the original or is it a different scent profile?

Thank you!! 🙂

I've not tried the Intensa. Is it a more "intense" version of the original or is it a different scent profile?
It has some similarities, but it’s not as light. They are different enough that I’d be comfortable owning both.

It has some similarities, but it’s not as light. They are different enough that I’d be comfortable owning both.
Oh and to answer the second part of your question earlier re. preferred shaving equipment... You'll notice in my pics that a Merkur 39C is featured in them. It along with Personna Med Prep blades and an alum block is what I use every shave. Soaps, creams, splashes, frags and preshave items may vary from shave to shave but razor and blade are constants.

I have an extensive collection of straights but haven't used those since I started shaving while in the shower. Not the ideal place to have a hunk of exposed, literally "razor sharp" metal.. I'll probably end up selling them soon. I may keep a few though..

71e45b529d85971969cf45d0c4ac22e9.jpg 315e7c71072fcd7208c73df15e8267d9.jpgdb608eecb9235a8150e0c281ee507b5a.jpg

We actually had a dusting of snow here last night! Almost unheard of in this area of the country! 28° this morning!! I hate the cold!!! 🥶🌨

RazoWeek Day: 3

Used RR's "The Dead Sea" this morning and I have to say it's become my favorite soap by them. Not sure what they do with this formula that's different but whatever it is, it works for me!! Great lather! Highly recommended!

IMG-2538.jpg

RazoRock Preshave Cube - Charcoal & Lime
RazoRock "The Dead Sea" Shaving Cream Soap
Stirling HMW Badger Brush
Merkur 39C
Personna Med Prep Blade
Alum
RazoRock "The Dead Sea" Splash

"SpiceBomb" EdT Sample

Good morning everyone! This is one of those mornings where even my coffee needs coffee!! 😴 Very restless night. About a week ago I had lumbar injections done (trauma from car accident) and for some reason (my doc can't tell me why) every time I have it done, I have terrible leg cramps! I'm talking about cramps in the top of my foot, shin, outer leg and calf. I down leg cramp pills 4 or 5 at a time plus magnesium, potassium and stay hydrated (128 oz. a day at least... I measured!). Oh well, the supplements will kick in soon.

Today is RazoWeek Day 4!

Tuscan Oud is another stand out from RR. VEry warm spicy, woody scent with matching splash.. Finished with Acqua Di Parma Colonia Oud Concentree

IMG-2542.jpg

RazoRock Preshave Cube - Charcoal & Lime
RazoRock "Tuscan Oud" Shave Soap
WCS Tortoiseshell Collection Brush
Merkur 39C
Personna Med Prep Blade
Alum
RazoRock "Tuscan Oud" Splash

Acqua Di Parma "Colonia Oud Concentree" EdC

Good morning everyone! Today is RazoWeek Day 5!

Went with the "What The Puck?!" Blue Label this morning. I'm very impressed with this soap's performance. First, this is not a cream soap but a hard, MWF-type, hard puck that LASTS! I've had this soap since September and have kept it on the caddy in my shower, uncovered and it's barely shrank in that time. I tend to use this soap when I'm running late or in a hurry, wetting the puck and rubbing it directly on my face in addition to loading the brush. What starts as a thick paste explodes into a thick, slick, cushioning lather. The scent is almost identical to Blue Floid (hence my choice of AS). The scent is quite strong at first and can be a little off-putting but it does fade over time.

Hope you all have a great day!

IMG-2545a.jpg

RazoRock Pre-Shave Cube "Charcoal Lime"
RazoRock "What The Puck?!" Blue Label Soap
Stirling Soap Co. "High Mountain White" Badger Brush
Merkur 39C
Personna Med Prep Blade
Alum

Blue Floid AS

Back