The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

March 2024 TSC Sumo Contest

Last night was the first night I had a chance to look at the basho, what is going on with Terunofuji? 5 loses? Injured knee?
Yep, the official notice said "he pulled out due to lower back pain and other heath issues." A shame, but not all that unexpected. A lot of times the previous winner pulls out of the next tournament over an injury or performs poorly.

Well here we were just talking about Takerufuji's tiny lower legs, and here we are. Taken to the hospital post match. Funny thing is I don't see any clear place where he'd have hurt his foot. Maybe it was just the drop off the dohyo? Good luck Takerufuji!
Somehow my gut feeling was Asonayama would be his kryptonite.

Last edited:
Once it felt like I sprained my ankle just getting up from my desk. So you never know.

Once it felt like I sprained my ankle just getting up from my desk. So you never know.
1a8f9e49-e6f4-4c73-8e51-1bdb13596e60_text.gif

i only now have noticed Takerufuji’s chicken legs. That looked like a bad step on that ankle.

So if he goes Fusen tomorrow, and Onosato loses... Takerufuji still wins the yusho!

Obviously you hope he can just fight and get the win. I'm rooting for him.

Well here we were just talking about Takerufuji's tiny lower legs, and here we are. Taken to the hospital post match. Funny thing is I don't see any clear place where he'd have hurt his foot. Maybe it was just the drop off the dohyo? Good luck Takerufuji!
Somehow my gut feeling was Asonayama would be his kryptonite.
I sprained my ankle while running with friends and I was certain it was broken. They hurt pretty dang bad! It looked like he turned it inside before going out of the dohyo. Sprained for sure!

I watched who was looking good this time for notes on who I pick next time. Waiting to see what was up with or boys Atamifuji and Diaisho.

Back