The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

JWS VII's Shave Journal

When they are that little dad duty is great. You can both take a nap in the recliner!

I want Christmas Eve soap too! Everyone else has Christmas Eve soap, why can't I?

I want Christmas Eve soap too! Everyone else has Christmas Eve soap, why can't I?

Haha that was my exact reasoning...
1f602.png

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard (10)
Brush: Paladin Dark Holler Jack 24mm
Soap: Stirling Christmas Eve (2)
AS 1: Thayers Lavender
AS 2: Stirling Christmas Eve

Another Christmas Eve shave this morning--such a great scent!

Baby G is sick She had the sniffles the last few days, but it's developed into a cough and a low grade fever. We're taking her to the doctor this afternoon. Luckily my wife is off work today, but I'll probably get the call tomorrow to stay home with her. Work this week for me has been reasonable (as opposed to crazy the last
few weeks), so good timing.

I raked all of our leaves on Sunday in between baby naps. Where we live, we can just blow/dump our leaves into the street--a very nice service. However, I waited way to long to address the little buggers and they were all wet. Still feeling a bit sore today--BUT worth it because it's DONE. Just in time for Turkey day!

Thanks all for reading and I hope everyone has a short work week!

When the little ones are sick it is so sad!

One piece of advice I would give is ask your doctor if you can give benadryl. Technically children's benadryl is 5 and over but our doctor calculated a small dose that our kids could take at that age. It is a really small amount like .25 teaspoon, but it really helps with the nasal passages etc.

It is so hard when they are sick, and it seems like you can't give them anything.

Soap: Stirling Christmas Eve (2)

AS 2: Stirling Christmas Eve

I gotta ask, how is the aftershave? I have the soap, and I love it. I'm just not sure that is a scent I want in an aftershave. Does is last a long time or fade quickly?

I gotta ask, how is the aftershave? I have the soap, and I love it. I'm just not sure that is a scent I want in an aftershave. Does is last a long time or fade quickly?

The AS is pretty nice, but it doesn't last that long. Maybe 2-3 hours. I applied it around 7am this morning and it is barely detectable now. For me, Stirling AS is about the ideal mix of alcohol and skin goodies.

The AS would probably bother you, however, as it needs a really good shake before using. Otherwise, it kind of separates and some globs form on the bottom.

When the little ones are sick it is so sad!

One piece of advice I would give is ask your doctor if you can give benadryl. Technically children's benadryl is 5 and over but our doctor calculated a small dose that our kids could take at that age. It is a really small amount like .25 teaspoon, but it really helps with the nasal passages etc.

It is so hard when they are sick, and it seems like you can't give them anything.

Good suggestion, Chad--we'll check it out with the doc. It is very sad when they're sick and there is really nothing you can do about it!

The AS would probably bother you, however, as it needs a really good shake before using. Otherwise, it kind of separates and some globs form on the bottom.
Thanks, good to know. You're right, that does bother me.

Good job getting the yard work done! I have a few thousand leaves calling my name too...

Hope the little one gets better quickly. First Thanksgiving right? How exciting!

Razor: Timeless .68 SB
Blade: Perma-Sharp (6)
Brush: Semogue Mistura
Soap: GTB (7)
AS 1: Thayers Lavender
AS 2: GTB

Give the people what they want--GTB! Close shave today. Used the Timeless to mix it up from the Vector. The weight difference was pretty stark and it's quieter. I (foolishly) made up for these differences by applying more pressure, resulting in a few pinpricks on the neck. Overall, a comfortable shave. Haven't decided if I'll jump back to the Vector tomorrow or stick with the Timeless... so many good choices these days!

Baby G is doing much better today and got doctor permission to go to daycare. She's getting picked up early by grandma, so that will be fun for her (and definitely fun for grandma). Short work day for me as well--planning a beer lunch with some coworkers, after which I'll call it a day! Happy Thanksgiving eve to all!

Good job getting the yard work done! I have a few thousand leaves calling my name too...

Hope the little one gets better quickly. First Thanksgiving right? How exciting!

Thanks for reading Chris. Yes, first Thanksgiving. We're hosting, so she'll have both sets of grandparents and all of her uncles and aunts present. First grandchild on both sides so she gets lots of attention!
1f60d.png

Good luck tackling those leaves. It's a thankless job...

Beer lunch... One my favorite lunches!

And we both used the Timeless too.

Back