The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Just ordered my first Simpson!

Reviving this thread. I'm a huge fan of Simpson brushes, I have the following:
1. Wee Scot
2. Case (best)
3. Duke 1 (best)
4. Duke 2 (best)
5. Duke 3 (best)
6. Chubby 1 (best)
7. Chubby 2 (best)
8. Chubby 3 (best)
9. Classic 2 (best)
10. Commodore X3 (best)
11. Colonel X2L (best)
12. Berkeley 46 (best)
13. Berkeley 46 in Faux Emerald Centenary Edition (best)
14. Beaufort B6 (best)
15. 57 (best)
16. Emperor 3 (super)
17. 59 (best)
18. Polo 10 (best)

I plan to acquire:
- Milk Churn (best)
- Keyhole 4 (best)
- Major (best or super)

Considering:
- Chubby2 (super)

I highly recommend the Chubby 2 Synthetic if you feel the need to try something different from badger.

See, your problem is that you litter shaving forums with digging up old threads all regarding Simpson. This is a pretty bad habit you have now on three fora. Its trolling...
It's not trolling and if you don't like it, you're welcome to put me on ignore. I'll continue to post what I like to share and discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
See, your problem is that you litter shaving forums with digging up old threads all regarding Simpson. This is a pretty bad habit you have now on three fora. Its trolling...
Think what you want, but I'll continue to post, share and discuss what I like and what interests me.

Last edited by a moderator:
GENTLEMEN. THIS iS NOT THE WILD WEST! All of us have opinions and NONE OF THEM ARE WRONG!

This type of finger pointing is not condoned here

Play nice, be gentlemen, and respect each other and your likes and opinions

FINAL WARNING!

Also Gentlemen the TOU applies to ALL interactions with members both in the open fora and private messages. NO ONE HERE deserves any disrepect. If you have issues take it off the forum PERIOD!

I need very little excuse to enjoy looking at Simpsons.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Be careful. It's a deep rabbit hole.
b4b3e76b1b6c99615317fa2b328b81f7.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
What are your thoughts on the Keyhole 4 (and 3) and the Milk Churn? I’m thinking if getting one of each.

What are your thoughts on the Keyhole 4 (and 3) and the Milk Churn?
I personally like the size/shape of the Keyhole 4 a lot (and it happens to be one of the best knots in Best grade hair that I own).

The Milk Churn is not very comfortable in my hand, but I have it more as a collector’s piece.

I guess I sort of do, but I can't explain or defend why I'm so partial to Simpsons.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
I'm in the same boat, their non-flashy simplicity and understated class along with their tradition is what appeals to me and makes me partial to them.

Back