The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Just ordered my first Simpson!

Congrats on the new brush. I am a Simpsons fan, and found the best hair to be generally great, with one scritchy brush (a Commodore X3). I have a phenomenal Colonel in best and several of my favorite brushes are in best. I’ve never used the Captain, but this handle shape appeals to me (one of my most loved brushes is the Emperor). Let us know how you like it once it arrives!

Can't help you there. I've had several Best (of varying degrees of goodness) and currently have a CH2-synth. My understanding is Manchurian is thicker hair and scrubbier than the Super.

I tried a Best from Simpson and didn't find it to be soft. Though I did like the medium backbone.

(Sent from mobile)

Thanks! How about the Super and Manchurian?
Super was a little better. So to me, not worth any extra money.

However the Manchurian was finally a soft knot (tips), that I enjoy using.

With that said, you're still paying a high markup just for the name. And some are just fine with that. The only reason I have a Simpson Manchurian is that I got an amazing deal on the second-hand market.

(Sent from mobile)

Be careful. It's a deep rabbit hole.
b4b3e76b1b6c99615317fa2b328b81f7.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Reviving this thread. I'm a huge fan of Simpson brushes, I have the following:
1. Wee Scot
2. Case (best)
3. Duke 1 (best)
4. Duke 2 (best)
5. Duke 3 (best)
6. Chubby 1 (best)
7. Chubby 2 (best)
8. Chubby 3 (best)
9. Classic 2 (best)
10. Commodore X3 (best)
11. Colonel X2L (best)
12. Berkeley 46 (best)
13. Berkeley 46 in Faux Emerald Centenary Edition (best)
14. Beaufort B6 (best)
15. 57 (best)
16. Emperor 3 (super)
17. 59 (best)
18. Polo 10 (best)

I plan to acquire:
- Milk Churn (best)
- Keyhole 4 (best)
- Major (best or super)

Considering:
- Chubby2 (super)

Back