The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

I'll Try to Add More Photos This Time

I'm not a cat guy...I'm very allergic to them...but that is a good looking cat .

Great looking razor. My wife loves cats. Unfortunately, we are both allergic, so we only have one.

That is a beautiful cat Derek...we have two cats ourselves (both rescues a DSH and DLH), along with a menagerie of other animals, so we like animals.

That is some crazy colouring. Looks like someone Photo Shopped a different face onto the cat.

Ah I love cats. Shaving and cats. They go together lol. We currently have a lynx point siamese and a calico.

I did have a siberian that lived to be 19, she passed a few years back.

PSA: Please don't shave the cats LOL

If it weren’t for shaving I’d be that crazy cat guy. As it is now, I’m that crazy razor collector guy who likes cats!

Nice blade, and nice cats, too.

I have one cat. He's all black. Whiskers and all. No white patches on him anywhere. He's 10 years old, though, and he's starting to get a gray hair scattered here and there, but only a scant few. He still looks completely black unless you are looking very closely.

Nice! Mittens has white hairs sprinkled around in the black part of his fur. They are anchored more firmly than the others and he doesn't like it when I tug on them. So I do.
1f608.png

Just catching up here... and on your inaugural post, is that some shell cordovan shoes I am seeing? Very nice!

And since I promised photos, this mornings shave.

SdM
SOC
LNHC Gentleman's Lavender
Graco Spikepoint

Result was DFS. Still had a bit of ATG stubble left, but I'm still recovering from attempting to shave off a non finishing jnat the other day, so I limited my passes. If you don't own LNHC Gentleman's Lavender, you need to get on that ASAP. Its one of the best lavenders IMO.

The Graco is a nice bit of american steel that I'd very unassuming.

Blade was honed on one of my new jnats, a superhard green asagi with superhard ouzuku tomo slurry. I did not hit the paste after this and it is smooth as can be, so I'm very hopeful for this stone.

Still breaking in the SOC.

The my ill attempt at straight razor shaving a while back always left me with stubble on the neck after my ATG pass. Great shave otherwise.

Back