The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

I'll Try to Add More Photos This Time

Great shave and picture Derek!
1st time I've heard of that brand of soap.

When it works, it works. Have you tried straights yet?

And yes, the watch isn't even a year old. The only age its showing is from countless hours of desk diving.

Sorry I missed this, still adjusting to this layout format.

Yes, after a few years of DE shaves, for the last few months I’ve been learning SRs and shavettes. It has be quite an enjoyable experience!

Lol @desk diving!

Great shaves and pictures Derek.
Nice blade!

Thanks Gents, one of my favorites and I have a dressed up square point about to join it.

No shave...yet...but I did hone two blades, one on a crazy les lat and the other on an Escher quality thuri. I've never honed on a 1 inch wide hone and I may have jacked the heel a tiny bit. Guess we'll see

May test one of them out before bed.

Also on the topic of honing, if any of you gents want a straight honed, I'll happily hone it up if you ship it. Just let me know, Derek.

Sorry I missed this, still adjusting to this layout format.

Yes, after a few years of DE shaves, for the last few months I’ve been learning SRs and shavettes. It has be quite an enjoyable experience!

Lol @desk diving!

Same here, definitely still adjusting.

So, I shaved last night with both blades.

I'm really impressed with my Crazy LL coticule. The edge only struggled with ATG and it was one of the smoothest non-pasted edges I've used. I may keep this EPBD 13 after all.

The thuri was odds. The toe was HHT5, but the heel was dull as can be and I thought I flubbed the bevel. Stropped it with paste and its back to HHT2. I think some more work and this could be a ninja edge with the thuri.

Incidentally, this was the best SdM lather I've ever created.

I'll snap some photos of the blades and stones later.

Interesting on the thuri edge being so wonky, though glad you could recover with some pasted laps. What do you use for a paste and what medium do you have it on?

Interesting on the thuri edge being so wonky, though glad you could recover with some pasted laps. What do you use for a paste and what medium do you have it on?

Paste is the white lightning from Gamma at TomoNagura. Supposedly 0.5 micron max and much better than crox. This was followed by the red velvet paste, which is under 1 micron and refines the white edge. Both are on TM cotton elements.

Honestly, I'm just not used to such a skinny hone. I bet with a tiny bit of practice I'll be fine.

Hey Derek, great to see you here! I'm all caught up on your journal now.

....Also on the topic of honing, if any of you gents want a straight honed, I'll happily hone it up if you ship it. Just let me know, Derek.

And I would highly recommend taking Derek up on his offer!

I am catching up, and this is a great start to your journal, Derek! I am looking forward to following along. I will say that your jawline looks a little stubble-covered, LOL.

Hey Derek, great to see you here! I'm all caught up on your journal now.
And I would highly recommend taking Derek up on his offer!

Thanks Chris. I still owe you a couple honings, so feel free to let me know if you want anything else honed. Also, I did use your bevel, so keep doing what you are doing honing wise with slight tweaks to your finishing and I think you'll get it.

I am catching up, and this is a great start to your journal, Derek! I am looking forward to following along. I will say that your jawline looks a little stubble-covered, LOL.

Thanks Jim. I'll shave it off when I lose weight and don't look 20 with bare cheeks.

In other news, I got my EPBD a brother.

So I didn't even realize till now that its a Tridur and not just a regular EPBD.

Really pleasant surprise.

I'm also apparently joining Dave in the farming business with our other recent acquisition of a third Siberian cat. Really excited to be adopting this little guy.

Back