The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #163 (967 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Lucky Tiger AS, and Amouage Enclave to finish!

Man, yesterday was so busy. Glad that’s done!

Great shave this morning. Soap donut is getting thinner and thinner. I’ll likely mash it up and work it into my clown puke soon. Decided to use Lucky Tiger AS to compliment this morning. I don’t think it’s my next go-for-broke AS choice though. I’d like to get some more of the heavily scented ones out the door first, weather permitting.

So, the moment you’ve all been waiting for (or at least 2 of you). Amouage Enclave! Yesterday, when I opened up the shipping package and primed the atomizer, I did one quick concentrated spritz to the wrist, mashed to the forearm of my other arm. That was absolutely powerful and my wife said it created a scent bubble around me for hours. Today, I did one normal distance spritz to the back shoulders and two to the chest, also normal distance. I feel like it was not quite a powerful, but I maybe also am just a bit noseblind to it. I can still smell it though for sure! Essentially, it’s a sweet, slightly powdery, mint candy (not peppermint) over the top of amber and a recognizable semblance of that signature Amouage/Middle Eastern woody spice background. It’s a drier scent, not like Jubilation’s blackberry and possibly even drier than Portrayal’s powdery spiced florals. The mint candy fades slowly, leaving just a sweet powerful amber over the hint of woody base. I don’t have anything like Enclave, so glad to have it and so far so good!

IDT this morning and most of the day at the EOL facility. Sadly one of the patients who I’ve been supporting weekly nearly since I started this job, passed away over the weekend. It’s going to be an adjustment to get used to not seeing them.

Happy Tuesday all!
Sounds like a nice frag for fall. Good shave

5yb9.gif

Hum Enclave, when I just got Beach Hut

Don’t feel bad! Beach hut is on my radar now too, if I can find a decent deal. A shame it tends to be more expensive than the others 🥵
I hear you on that, and you rarely see them in the grey market, just glad the Mrs. has that store discount. I wouldn't have done it, but I've been looking for a classic dark green masculine along those lines since I started getting into frags, and it's been the only thing that seems to get close to my dream scent.

Shave #164 (968 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and YSL Rive Gauche to finish!

More full day yesterday than I anticipated, but we got to go out after and have a wine tasting with the parents, which was nice. Unfortunately my grandfather is on another health rollercoaster, that started the day after my parents got here. So they’re a bit stressed.

Great shave this morning. Only a little blip of a nick but it closed up quickly. Still haven’t decided my next AS or if I’ll just do a rotation like I used to. Decided for today to at least do the Rive Gauche profile! Can’t go wrong there.

Full day or work. OT workout later. And likely dinner out as all the rest of the family coming for tomorrow’s graduation arrives in town this evening.

Happy Wednesday all!

Shave #165 (969 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL California Sunshine AST, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Great OT workout and dinner out with a good chunk of the family. Today is grad day!

Great shave this morning. Only a couple minuscule nicks here and there that closed up almost immediately. Decided to bust out the good smells with a combo of CBL and Dior! I know the CBL isn’t inspired by this particular frag, but they still compliment each other well.

Working a half day today so I can be present for all the festivities. Kicking it off with and IDT this morning 😂

Happy Thursday all!

Shave #165 (969 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL California Sunshine AST, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Great OT workout and dinner out with a good chunk of the family. Today is grad day!

Great shave this morning. Only a couple minuscule nicks here and there that closed up almost immediately. Decided to bust out the good smells with a combo of CBL and Dior! I know the CBL isn’t inspired by this particular frag, but they still compliment each other well.

Working a half day today so I can be present for all the festivities. Kicking it off with and IDT this morning 😂

Happy Thursday all!
One of the few CBL 'fun facts' I know, California Sunshine was inspired by, wait for it..... Sunshine Man!

Shave #166 (970 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Mandom AS, and Amouage Portrayal to finish!

Man, jam packed day of festivities yesterday. Great day for the eldest. One of those times reality puts the smack down on your mental image of yourself. My back is killing me from sitting in bleachers for 3 hours though 🥲

Great shave this morning. Feeling pretty pooped though. Still, it was refreshing and gave me a little pick me up. Hopefully coffee will do the rest of the work.

Eldest is off in his Disneyland trip shortly. There will be more hang out time with the family that came to town later, after work.

Happy Friday all!

Shave #167 (971 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, JT Spartan Burl brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Speick AS, and Tom Ford Mandarino Di Amalfi to finish!

Long day yesterday, especially with pick up this morning. Thankfully I was able to get back to sleep for a bit after.

Great shave this morning. Just a couple small nicks here n there. Decided to keep scents light n bright for the warm day ahead.

Major order of the day is getting everything together and to the beach for the eldest’s last grad celebration.

Happy Saturday all!

Shave #168 (972 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, JT Spartan Burl brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, CBL Barba AST, and Amouage Enclave to finish!

So tired! Nice day at the beach though yesterday. But more fun activities ahead today.

Great shave this morning! Decided that this shave was the day…post shave I scraped out all the remaining Agar soap and smashed it into the clown puke tub. There was deceptively more than appeared, but too late now. I’ll probably be using the clown puke for a while now to work it down some.

Happy Father’s Day to all the grandfathers, fathers, father figures, cool uncles, and what have you! Hope you get treated well today!

Have a blessed Sunday!

Back