The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

A bit tired this morning…but that seems to be the usual lately.
Coffee is your friend.. :coffee:

giphy-downsized.gif

Shave #158 (962 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Penhaligon’s Sartorial to finish!

Heeey! Back half of the work week! Tough OT workout last night but I was rewarded with take out from a newer spot we hadn’t been to yet, called Bruxie’s. Their specialty is a kind of chicken and waffles. Mmm!

Great shave this morning. Nothing really to report. Reached for Sartorial to finish it up!

Busy day ahead seeing some new admits. That’s about all she wrote!

Happy Thursday all!

Shave #159 (963 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Amouage Jubilation XXV to finish!

Y’all know what day it is right?!
[insert appropriate celebratory Friday gif here because the server is having issues]
Woohoo!

Great shave this morning. Only one small nick on the corner of the mouth ATG, nothing too bad though. Decided to finish fancy and use Jub XXV.

Another busy day ahead to close this work week out. Off to it!

Happy Friday all!

Shave #160 (964 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Prada L’Homme to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress. The Chipper was the OT workout of the day. Nice recovery breakfast with the missus after. Now chores and cleaning up for family coming to town over the next week and grad week activities and celebrations for the oldest.

Great shave this afternoon. Fresh ProGuard and last of this blade pack. Thankfully I have one more waiting in the wings. Had a haircut finally earlier as well, so I kept the theme and finished up with the fresh, powdery, slightly talc-y Prada L’Homme.

Happy Saturday all!

Shave #161 (965 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Graydog Art Deco brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Homme Original to finish!

The first family arrivals will be my parents, today. So, church, grocery shopping, then late afternoon/early evening they will likely have arrived.

Can’t believe it’s Monday tomorrow 🥲

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #162 (966 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Man, that weekend felt so short. Parents got in safely and it was nice to see them for dinner. Hello Monday. Woke up well before my alarm and just laid there a bit…when I did finally get up I still felt a bit tired.

Great shave this morning though! Finished the last bit of the Anchor AS. Not sure what will be next just yet. A bit of a warmer week supposedly. Decided to finish with DHS today.

Lots going on this week with the end of school stuff and grad stuff and family visiting stuff. Should be fun at least!

Happy Monday all!

Shave #163 (967 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Lucky Tiger AS, and Amouage Enclave to finish!

Man, yesterday was so busy. Glad that’s done!

Great shave this morning. Soap donut is getting thinner and thinner. I’ll likely mash it up and work it into my clown puke soon. Decided to use Lucky Tiger AS to compliment this morning. I don’t think it’s my next go-for-broke AS choice though. I’d like to get some more of the heavily scented ones out the door first, weather permitting.

So, the moment you’ve all been waiting for (or at least 2 of you). Amouage Enclave! Yesterday, when I opened up the shipping package and primed the atomizer, I did one quick concentrated spritz to the wrist, mashed to the forearm of my other arm. That was absolutely powerful and my wife said it created a scent bubble around me for hours. Today, I did one normal distance spritz to the back shoulders and two to the chest, also normal distance. I feel like it was not quite a powerful, but I maybe also am just a bit noseblind to it. I can still smell it though for sure! Essentially, it’s a sweet, slightly powdery, mint candy (not peppermint) over the top of amber and a recognizable semblance of that signature Amouage/Middle Eastern woody spice background. It’s a drier scent, not like Jubilation’s blackberry and possibly even drier than Portrayal’s powdery spiced florals. The mint candy fades slowly, leaving just a sweet powerful amber over the hint of woody base. I don’t have anything like Enclave, so glad to have it and so far so good!

IDT this morning and most of the day at the EOL facility. Sadly one of the patients who I’ve been supporting weekly nearly since I started this job, passed away over the weekend. It’s going to be an adjustment to get used to not seeing them.

Happy Tuesday all!

So, the moment you’ve all been waiting for (or at least 2 of you). Amouage Enclave! Yesterday, when I opened up the shipping package and primed the atomizer, I did one quick concentrated spritz to the wrist, mashed to the forearm of my other arm. That was absolutely powerful and my wife said it created a scent bubble around me for hours. Today, I did one normal distance spritz to the back shoulders and two to the chest, also normal distance. I feel like it was not quite a powerful, but I maybe also am just a bit noseblind to it. I can still smell it though for sure! Essentially, it’s a sweet, slightly powdery, mint candy (not peppermint) over the top of amber and a recognizable semblance of that signature Amouage/Middle Eastern woody spice background. It’s a drier scent, not like Jubilation’s blackberry and possibly even drier than Portrayal’s powdery spiced florals. The mint candy fades slowly, leaving just a sweet powerful amber over the hint of woody base. I don’t have anything like Enclave, so glad to have it and so far so good!
giphy-downsized.gif

Yesterday, when I opened up the shipping package and primed the atomizer, I did one quick concentrated spritz to the wrist, mashed to the forearm of my other arm. That was absolutely powerful and my wife said it created a scent bubble around me for hours. Today, I did one normal distance spritz to the back shoulders and two to the chest, als
I have an unscented cologne with the same effect. In fact, it’s so powerful that I'm not going to reveal the name or source to prevent a calamitous run on it. This stuff is SO powerful that people for miles around can’t smell it! Sorry, not sharing. 🫢

Back