The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #173 (977 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Feather SS folding, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Speick AS, and BDC EDP to finish!

Safe drive yesterday afternoon, with no real issues. Sure didn’t help me being tired though 😂

Great travel kit shave this morning. Took a pass to get back used to the Feather SS. A notable difference in technique and feel from the Essence. Still an excellent shaving tool though!

The Central Valley allergens are getting to me already. Glad I brought all my sprays and accoutrements.

Happy Friday all!

Shave #174 (978 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Feather SS folding, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Speick AS, and Prada Luna Rossa to finish!

Surprise 70th b-day party for my mother-in-law was a success, thanks in large part to the devious ways of my wife and her sisters! A great time was had by all, with a solid showing of 60-some people.

Great shave this morning with the travel kit. 1000 looms closer and closer. Gonna be a cool 105 today in the Central Valley, so the light, clean Luna Rossa was grabbed to finish things off.

The party continues today with a BBQ get together with all the family that travelers in for yesterday’s party.

Have a great Saturday all!

Shave #175 (979 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Feather SS folding, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Clown Puke soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Speick AS, and Prada Luna Rossa to finish!

Got some rest…not enough though. Darn Portugal AC kept kicking in and off all night…then the neighbor’s weird sounding rooster crowed on and off after day break for hours.

Good shave at least. Same as yesterday!

Headed back home either later this morning or very early afternoon. It’s a good 20-30 degrees cooler there 🥲

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #176 (980 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Clown Puke soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and YSL Rive Gauche to finish!

Eww Monday…back at it! Glad to be out of the 100+ degree weather for sure. Still, it’s warm here too relatively. Would be much more bearable if we had AC. May need to look into a portable unit at some point.

Busy day ahead!

Happy Monday all!

Glad to be out of the 100+ degree weather for sure.
giphy.gif

Back