The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #149 (953 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Razorock Big Bruce synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Homme ‘20 to finish!

Overall a great, relaxing 3 day weekend. Back to the routine now though!

Great shave this morning! The soap donut hole is definitely growing! 3 great passes with no issues. Decided to go office safe today and spritz some DH to finish.

Most of the day will be spent at the EOL facility with IDT and catching up on some things from the weekend. Should be a busy day!

Happy Tuesday all!

Shave #150 (954 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and YSL Rive Gauche to finish!

Busy day indeed yesterday. Should hopefully not be quite as bad today!

Great shave this morning. Only used the world’s finest fragrance profile…how could that go wrong? Rive Gauche FTW!

OT workout delayed again. This evening is Senior Awards night for the oldest, so we’re diverted to that instead. Hopefully tomorrow!

Happy Wednesday all!

Shave #151 (955 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Fine Platinum EDT to finish!

Decent awards ceremony last night for the eldest and his classmates…even if it was a bit long due to the number of students. They announced scholarships/awards and college intentions, everyone got applause. It was good!

Great shave this morning. Fought conformity and swapped out my brush, AS, and frag. Decided to do Platinum today.

Another IDT this morning and some home visits. Looks like OT workout this evening is a go!

Happy Thursday all!

Shave #152 (956 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Amouage Portrayal to finish!

Man, tough OT workout last night! I was dying, but made it through.

Great shave this morning to. Lose up the work week. Excellent results and finished with a couple spritzes of high quality juice! Regular readers may have noticed that I haven’t that I did not do my usual rotation of 50 open blade shaves, 50 other razor shaves, rinse, repeat…not this time! 1k open bladed is looming and I’m pushing through!

Mish mosh of things to do today for work…but should be a decent day.

Happy Friday all! Almost there!

Shave #153 (957 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Acqua Di Gio Absolu Instinct to finish!

Typical Saturday in progress. Good OT workout and a nice recovery breakfast afterward with the missus.

Great shave while waiting for some laundry loads to finish.

Prom for the oldest later this evening! So mom and dad are chauffeurs.

Happy Saturday all!

Typical Saturday in progress. Good OT workout and a nice recovery breakfast afterward with the missus.

Great shave while waiting for some laundry loads to finish.

Busy Saturday, Chris. Enjoy! 🙂

Time to boogie down!!!

giphy.gif

Shave #154 (958 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Trotter Handcrafts Taurus A brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Comme Des Garçon Avignon to finish!

Sounded like a good time was had a prom last night. Just another couple weeks and he’s outta there!

Great shave this morning. A bit rough on the upper lip but nothing too mad I don’t think. Decided to finish up with some Avignon ⛪️ for church!

Likely some grocery shopping later, then hopefully a bunch of big, fat nothing to do!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #155 (959 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling 2-band synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and Tom Ford Beau De Jour to finish!

Ew Monday. I didn’t miss its absence last week!

Great shave this morning. Not much to report. Just solid results and an excellent modern barbershop frag to close it out!

Not sure how busy today will be. Some weather change though. Cold evenings with warmer, sunny days it looks like. Summer is fast approaching!

Happy Monday all!

Shave #156 (960 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Simpson The Duke synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Acqua Di Gio Absolu Instinct to finish!

Decent day yesterday…but glad it’s not Monday anymore! The kids were all hacking and snotting and sneezing when they got home yesterday…so looks like today is a stay at home day for them.

Great shave this morning! No issues to speak of. Decided to do Absolu Instinct again!

The day today will largely be spent at the EOL facility, makings visits and giving support.

Happy Tuesday all!

Shave #157 (961 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Not a bad day yesterday, all said and done. A bit tired this morning…but that seems to be the usual lately.

Great shave this morning! Helped knock some of the sleep out of my eyes and got great results. The blade will probably need to be changed after this work week is up though. Finished with DHS ‘19 as it should warm up a bit later, though it’s a bit overcast right now.

Typical Saturday ahead…some visits around town to accomplish. Then later this evening, OT workout!

Happy Wednesday all!

Back