The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

If you have to do something...

Shave #143 (947 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Amouage Portrayal to finish!

Man, busy day yesterday. Didn’t help my tiredness 😂

Great shave this morning though while I waited for the mental and visual fog to clear. No issues at all. Decided to put a little pow in my Wednesday by finishing with the spicy florals of Portrayal!

Regular work day ahead but a bit of a deviance from the usual Wednesday evening work out. Headed with the missus to Ventura instead to catch a concert from St Vincent instead. Should be an experience, I guess she’s quite the performance artist as well as musician.

Happy Wednesday all!

Shave #143 (947 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Amouage Portrayal to finish!

Man, busy day yesterday. Didn’t help my tiredness 😂

Great shave this morning though while I waited for the mental and visual fog to clear. No issues at all. Decided to put a little pow in my Wednesday by finishing with the spicy florals of Portrayal!

Regular work day ahead but a bit of a deviance from the usual Wednesday evening work out. Headed with the missus to Ventura instead to catch a concert from St Vincent instead. Should be an experience, I guess she’s quite the performance artist as well as musician.

Happy Wednesday all!
What are your thoughts on Portrayal? I've been curious about that one.

What are your thoughts on Portrayal? I've been curious about that one.
It’s a bit more of an old school vibe but I like it. Definitely get a powdery violet pretty strongly straight off, with some spice and a hint of darker depths from the cade. Mellows out to just a really nice, all round lightly powered light floral later. Took me a few wears to get beyond just smelling the up front blast which initially felt mostly like just powder. I love it now though because there’s definitely more there.

Shave #144 (948 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Sagrada Familia synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

Pretty good concert last night. The headliners, Mamma, were indie rock/metal with a side helping of a bit of grunge. They seem to be younger adults, kinda still finding themselves. They had some decent sound but just couldn’t hear their voices unfortunately. St Vincent was definitely a show. The missus likes her sound and I’ve hear a few song, but this was the first time sitting through a full album/set for me. This tour has an overall really great retro 80s pop sound with some slapping rock/metal vibes. She’s definitely a performance artist and has some quirks…but super talented group for sure. I didn’t know she is considered among the top guitarists of all time.

Great shave this morning. Definitely needed the wake up. No real issues to report. Went sporty fresh for the finish with DHS!

Full work day ahead. OT workout later this evening!

Happy Thursday all!

This tour has an overall really great retro 80s pop sound with some slapping rock/metal vibes. She’s definitely a performance artist and has some quirks…but super talented group for sure. I didn’t know she is considered among the top guitarists of all time.
Sounds like a fun band. 🙂

I guess I have to check out St V. Wikipedia says one of the best of the 21st century, which maybe makes more sense since guitar music isn't nearly what it was in later half of the 20th century.
Glad you had a good time it can be tricky going to see a performer someone else is into if you're not. My wife pretty much just goes with her friends, and I sit home and annoy people in the Cadre.

Sounds like a fun band. 🙂
It was enough to keep me interested 😂
I guess I have to check out St V. Wikipedia says one of the best of the 21st century, which maybe makes more sense since guitar music isn't nearly what it was in later half of the 20th century.
Glad you had a good time it can be tricky going to see a performer someone else is into if you're not. My wife pretty much just goes with her friends, and I sit home and annoy people in the Cadre.
We noticed. You really should go hang out with your wife more. 🥲

Shave #145 (949 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine American Blend AS, and YSL Rive Gauche to finish!

Man, am I sore from that workout last night. Phew! Was pretty tired this morning. So glad it’s Friday and a 3 day weekend to boot! Cool right now but the sun has finally decided to come out and play!

Great shave this morning. Went for the Rive Gauche to close up the work week.

Full day ahead…then hopefully either an evening of spreading democracy of being savior of the wasteland.

Happy Friday all!

Went for the Rive Gauche to close up the work week.
Oh yeah!!! :love:

giphy.gif

Man I'm sore too! Did squats at the gym last night, I normally do them at home because frankly gym etiquette is dead. Every annoying thing happened while I was practically dying doing my sets. Crossfitter slamming the weights down two feet behind me mid set. Other stooges slipping in to grab weights just as I'm going to rack the bar. Etc....

Man I'm sore too! Did squats at the gym last night, I normally do them at home because frankly gym etiquette is dead. Every annoying thing happened while I was practically dying doing my sets. Crossfitter slamming the weights down two feet behind me mid set. Other stooges slipping in to grab weights just as I'm going to rack the bar. Etc....
Yea…I’m not a big fan of the normal gym atmosphere either.

Shave #146 (950 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, JT Spartan Burl brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Fine Platinum EDT to finish!

A fine Saturday on a promising 3-day weekend. To bad I’m choring right now 😂

Great shave though!

Shave #147 (951 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, JT Spartan Burl brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Homme Sport ‘19 to finish!

A chill day ahead, with nothing really that I need to do. Perfect!

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #148 (952 Open Blade Shaves) of 2024:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Stirling brush, Stirling Agar soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Brooklyn Grooming Anchor AS, and Dior Sauvage EDT to finish!

Prayers for the families of those brave heroes who have given all. Thankfulness for the sacrifice.

Hope you’re all having a great Monday!

Back