The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Fluffy's Curmudgeon Corner

Thursday’s Shave

JJ5oEL2.jpg

C-Mon Hand Forged Razor
DR Harris Arlington Soap
Fluffy Industries Octagon Blonde Horse
Old Spice AS

Skippy shave all around. The horse hair knots from Oumo are working out nicely. The C-Mon razor is as nice to use as it is pretty to look at.

Like my whiskers are being wiped off instead of cut. Even my billy goat grey chin whiskers. Are removed with ease. The C-Mon is one of my pinnacle razors.

Hope you all have a Good Friday.

Fluffy
That C-Mon is a looker.

Saturday’s Shave 75DDBCE4-424C-4772-A400-694930CA1351.jpeg
Wilkinson Self Stropping Razor
DR Harris Arlington Soap
Fluffy Industries Hexagon Oumo Black Badger
OS AS
GP Scuttle

Decent shave with the Wilkinson still think that the blade could be sharper. Going to try removing the wedge from the holder and getting the most acute angle possible on the bevel.

Sunday’s Shave
DCC63688-3552-4CAC-9752-544E6D359354.jpeg
Case Temperite Razor
Fluffy Industries Octagon Oumo Blonde
DR Harris Arlington Soap
Vintage Skin Bracer AS

Full on hair trimming day. Broke out the Oster76
for my cranium covering. Then did my daily shave routine on the mug.
Have three loaves of bread coming out of the oven today. And when they are done a small pizza pie for dinner.

Hope all of you had a good Sunday.
Fluffy

Well tonight's shave was a long time in the making. About 5 weeks ago. I plunked down some hard earned Monopoly money on the ultimate "Mack Daddy" shavette.
Guys this thing just oozes class all the way from it's 24 karat imitation gold scales. Inlaid with a 100% genuine "Faux Cubic Zirconia" semi precious gemstone eyes. To its enameled zinc blade holder. Install the AC blade of your choice and put it up to you face and let the world know. When you groom your face. You do it with Jaguare like stealth and deadly efficiency.

Mondays Shave

[Image: CNTZyoh.jpg]
[Image: 1IJwtE3.jpg]

Jaguar Shavette (Schick P-30 1)
Fluffy industries Octagon Oumo Blonde Horse Hair Brush
DR Harris Arlington Soap
Man Dom Aftershave

Hope you all made it through Monday in good nick.
Fluffy

Williams & Wilkinson Wednesday
07492DE3-F1EE-422A-A34B-482C4FCA5A60.jpeg
Wilkinson Self Stropping Razor
Vintage Williams Shave Soap
Fluffy Industries 86S Oumo Grey Horse
AV AS

So far I have only honed up two of the seven blades for this razor. The Monday and Tuesday blades. This Tuesday blade gave a decent Shave I still have not experimented with my theory that I can get better results by honing them at a more acute angle. Maybe this evening if I have time, I’ll give that a go. Once I am convinced that I have gotten the best result possible out of a blade. Then I’m going to see how many comfortable shaves I can get out of it. Though I can see how the Gem and Gillette razors beat this out. Not because they were better. Just a lot less work.
Hump Day in the books. Pressing on to the weekend.
Fluffy

Yikes got bumped down to the second page of journals.
Williams Wednesday
A990A00E-0D42-4DCE-A83B-E00B257E5B92.jpeg
Towa Razor
Fluffy Industries Hexagon Black Badger
Vintage Williams Shave Soap
AV AS

So far so good today. Flagging class got canceled cause the stooges from the front office couldn’t figure out how to work the new big screen “smart” TV they put in our conference room.
So we are hauling some stone from the quarry.
Have a good one guys.
Fluffy

Thursday’s Shave
D19485CE-37CB-4799-A9D7-C6AA0582D5C2.jpeg
Chas. R. Coates Chesapeake Razor
Fluffy Industries Octagon Oumo Blonde Horse
PAA Hotel Cecil
Seaforth Spiced Aftershave

Nice easy shave with some retro scented software. That would have been staple products when this razor was offered for sale by Coates Barber Supply in Baltimore. I’m ready for Friday.
Hope you guys are as well.
Looking forward to next Monday. I am expecting a delivery.
Fluffy

Back