The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Fluffy’s Curmudgeon Cinema

Ken has the post office connections! :cool:

Good call on the soap...if it ain’t firing on all the important cylinders, why bother?

Yes...Fluffy...it is silly! Completely agree with you.

Great shave and enjoyed the conversation! I'm with you on the soaps. I am working through the ones I have as best as I am able to, but as far as new purchases...it has to have that something about it that makes it better than the others...subjective or objective.

That LNHC soap version is the bomb for me! Love it! Just makes my skin feel great! I personally love the scent...but that's one of those things that is each his one. Now I really need to find a matching aftershave for it!

Also...you inspired me to go find a Talcum Brush, Duster Brush, or whatever they are called. I picked up a couple bottles of Suavecito Talcum Powder the other day...so I need to get to use them!

Have a great day today!

Awesome video Ken, and as usual I agree on a lot of your stances. I definitely do not miss the retail days and I am a lot more mindful of how I talk to retail employees. I'm curious to see how my bottle of Avon Oland smells when it comes in. Should be on Monday or so.

Now I really need to find a matching aftershave for it!

For what it is worth Don, I used Stirling Stirling Gentleman soap and aftershave yesterday and used D&G The One cologne and both I and my wife thought they paired great. Maybe Stirling Gentleman would be a good aftershave pairing. Hope that helps!

Awesome video Ken, and as usual I agree on a lot of your stances. I definitely do not miss the retail days and I am a lot more mindful of how I talk to retail employees. I'm curious to see how my bottle of Avon Oland smells when it comes in. Should be on Monday or so.

For what it is worth Don, I used Stirling Stirling Gentleman soap and aftershave yesterday and used D&G The One cologne and both I and my wife thought they paired great. Maybe Stirling Gentleman would be a good aftershave pairing. Hope that helps!
I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Oh man, PTSD from when the manager gave in to customers instead of holding to store policy.

Nice vid and backstage tour

Out of order shave. Ramblings and musings that may get you in trouble with the snowflakes in your vicinity. Shout out to @Patelliott. I am probably not someone you’d want emulate on your videos @BarberDave the inspiration for my clouds of talc.
Also to any people of the Korean persuasion. That may possibly know someone that is involved with Hyundai Motors Corp. I do like my wife’s Hyundai. But found your design to be slightly unfriendly maintenance wise. So I had to Americanize it.

Great video Ken! You are a natural story teller and comedian so I may not be able to emulate that, but your videos are always entertaining to watch!

Those darn guys on the old fogies Zoom call didn’t call you up and see how you were doin and offer you a cold drink neither?! :eek:

The nerve!

:ROFLMAO:

Glad the tire got sorted out. What adventures you have Ken!

Ken;
We were wondering and no, there is no hard rule on when to apply talc, indeed usually it is post afterhshave followed by fragrance, however you may have concocted a new way of doing it Shave, Talc, Aftershave, Talc, Fragrance YOU are an innovator! LOL and here is......

source.gif

Ken;
We were wondering and no, there is no hard rule on when to apply talc, indeed usually it is post afterhshave followed by fragrance, however you may have concocted a new way of doing it Shave, Talc, Aftershave, Talc, Fragrance
Isn't that like how you bread chicken?

From the audible feedback from your Shave I think you’re ready for the 3 pass shave when you’re done with that one!

Back