The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Fluffy’s Curmudgeon Cinema

Maryland998

"TSC's Spice Trader"
Veteran
Apparently there was some kind of fine print on here (Cadre) about having to post videos.
Gotta put on my spectacles before I join one of the things next time.
So here is my first video I’ll migrate over here. And future ones will follow.
My journal has already been branded PG-13. So I’m not sure how long the moderators will tolerate me, posting up videos.
We’ll see.
Fluffy.

Dang Fluffy! Motorcycle racing scares me. I’m still a newb, but cruisers are more my style. That racing stuff is just crazy.... cool, but crazy!

10 seconds in I new I was going to enjoy the commentary in the box opening. of course I've been awake for nearly 24hrs so take that for what its worth 🤪

@Dave in KY
Yes Dave we are allowed to pass. If you allow me to get into the minutia.
Most track day clubs have rules. They vary for the different groups. The ones that I ride with are generally as follows.
B-beginner group. No passing unless your bike is straight up and down. As in on the straights and in the braking zones before you "tip in" to a corner.
I-intermediate group adds passing on the outside of turns. But you have to yield to the rider you are overtaking. So if you are outside of them and they run wide. You have let them have their "line"
A- advanced group. No passing rules. It's run like a practice session for any competitive series. You have to be sure your pass is done safely. But you can overtake at any time.
The other factor for me. Is that because I don't use tire warmers. I need to wait at least 1 to 1 1/2 laps for my tires to heat up to "working" temperature.
The guy and gals you see with t-shirts over their leathers are "coaches/ instructors." They are there to help all of us get faster safely. They also make sure the rules are followed.
There you go more than you ever wanted to know about that. :p

@uacowboy
I will not judge you for enjoying my commentary. I have experienced extreme sleep deprivation many times. It's effects are known to me. Then again I display poor judgment right after getting out of bed sometimes.

Journal update:
Today will see me running errands for Mrs. Fluffy Target then Home Depot. Guess what the trip to the Depot is for.
Well I need a mount for my camera. Can't really film my honing and shaving unless I have a way to hold my phone, can I?
Tune in. At your own risk. This thread may not be a beneficial use of your free time. Therefore I encourage you to watch my content while at work. That may soften the disappointment you feel after watching my videos. Knowing that at least you wasted your employers time not your own.
Fluffy

Got it (y) I saw people giving you the go ahead on the outside at times. I'm used to that where I frequented the Cherohala Skyway and The Dragon (US 129) which were fun but MUCH more curvy but that looked fun. VERY nice riding :cool:

Yea Dave that was the Coach they usually get off line and throttle back and let you by. If you happen to catch up to them. Then they follow and observe you. That way you can pick their brain after your session is over for feedback and tips. If you keep your ego in check. They are very helpful in getting better/faster.
This is one of the few times in life. I don't mind being "observed".

Yea Dave that was the Coach they usually get off line and throttle back and let you by. If you happen to catch up to them. Then they follow and observe you. That way you can pick their brain after your session is over for feedback and tips. If you keep your ego in check. They are very helpful in getting better/faster.
This is one of the few times in life. I don't mind being "observed".
VERY cool !!!

Got it (y) I saw people giving you the go ahead on the outside at times. I'm used to that where I frequented the Cherohala Skyway and The Dragon (US 129) which were fun but MUCH more curvy but that looked fun. VERY nice riding :cool:

I’ve covered a bunch of miles of curvy roads in CO and AR, but never made it to The Dragon. Alas, the kickstand is down and that season is over.

Track days look like a ton of fun!
Yes they are great fun. If you ride and want to improve and do it in a safe way. There is no better way to do it. The two clubs I have ridden with. Are NESBA and TPM. They now offer some great things to get people started. At least they did last time I rode with them. They rent Leathers. Also they also let you try the first two sessions of the day free and no membership. 15 min. each. With minimal bike prep. So at worst you try it and after 1/2 an hour of time on the track. Decide it isn't for you. You walk away with a very small amount of money spent.
Beware those two sessions are like your first free sample of crack. Most sign up and join the club and pay to keep riding.
I have ridden since I was 7 years old. And considered myself an above average rider in ability.
But even with all my awesomeness. I still learned a couple things :unsure: I know it's hard to believe. But true.
Fluffy

Ok so rookie mistake number one. Have to orient the phone horizontally. So the picture is full screen.
Next video will be better.
Fluffy

Paused, for future videos, Part of the TSC TOU is that you have a shirt on for shave videos. ok back to the video

Back