The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

FarmerTan is lost. Big surprise.

Me again. Tabac smells, weakly.

Brut: no smell! That and Old Spice just burn the "back" of my nose, I know, it's hard to explain where the back of my nose might actually be...

Me again. Tabac smells, weakly.

Brut: no smell! That and Old Spice just burn the "back" of my nose, I know, it's hard to explain where the back of my nose might actually be...
You're gonna get high sniffin that stuff, either that or explode from O2 and alcohol!

nuclear-explosion-animated-gif-1.gif

You know things are serious when you can’t smell Tabac! 😂
I'm thinking I might try shaving with it tomorrow. Who knows? I ain't actually gotta shave, unless my doc is so good they'll be able to hear my stubble on the phones mouthpiece!

My wife has her vaccine scheduled and I need to do the same. Don’t worry about your beliefs, you won’t be mocked here.
I've never really felt "mocked" at the other nice place I bother people at. It's just that I seem to "trigger" some folks that don't share my thoughts on certain issues. It's like they TRY to be insulted. That's why I left FakeBook. I had FAMILY members that I LOVE UNFRIEND me. I was a jerk a few times, not at all the witness as a "follower of the Way" should behave, but was quick to apologize and tried mightily to not post anything like whatever it was I did to trigger them.

But since I have left I have felt so much better mentally AND physically that I have all my true friends on shaving forums. But by my retreating it feels like I, and MANY others have given that platform over to some of the worst people's opinions, with no rebuttal. Which has done one of two things: made them reflect and stop bashing my political views, or the second option: they now are STILL spouting off as if they had not had the outcome they desired in November.

It saddens me that grown azz people can't calmly exchange ideas anymore. My own family accused me of racist thought just because I asked for a source for their post.

I fear that the free exchange of ideas without paying a heavy price for being on the unpopular "side" of an issue is now in our rearview mirror my friend.

I don't expect to be thought a genius every time I open my mouth, but I'd at least like to be able to finish a sentence.

Lol! End of whiny post! Sorry!

It saddens me that grown azz people can't calmly exchange ideas anymore.
Social media has turned everyone into Keyboard Warriors. People say things to each other without any thought as to the repercussions. People type things they would never say to a person's face, which is sad. Some folks get off on being mean, or trolling others. It's childish. I hate FB for that aspect, but have learned to just ignore most of it.

I've never really felt "mocked" at the other nice place I bother people at. It's just that I seem to "trigger" some folks that don't share my thoughts on certain issues. It's like they TRY to be insulted. That's why I left FakeBook. I had FAMILY members that I LOVE UNFRIEND me. I was a jerk a few times, not at all the witness as a "follower of the Way" should behave, but was quick to apologize and tried mightily to not post anything like whatever it was I did to trigger them.

But since I have left I have felt so much better mentally AND physically that I have all my true friends on shaving forums. But by my retreating it feels like I, and MANY others have given that platform over to some of the worst people's opinions, with no rebuttal. Which has done one of two things: made them reflect and stop bashing my political views, or the second option: they now are STILL spouting off as if they had not had the outcome they desired in November.

It saddens me that grown azz people can't calmly exchange ideas anymore. My own family accused me of racist thought just because I asked for a source for their post.

I fear that the free exchange of ideas without paying a heavy price for being on the unpopular "side" of an issue is now in our rearview mirror my friend.

I don't expect to be thought a genius every time I open my mouth, but I'd at least like to be able to finish a sentence.

Good riddance, I say.
9b7d14af3a98230fdf17ae78cf74b4e5.jpg

You need a big dose of "I don't give a rat's ass" and a T-shirt that says "You gotta make me happy, not the other way around".

Fork em, leave them sitting happily in their own excrement, find a nicer crowd to hang with, like here.

Family doesn't mean blood relative to me, family is the people I share my world with, we stick together even when we disagree. Blood doesn't give you any privilege.

You need a big dose of "I don't give a rat's ass" and a T-shirt that says "You gotta make me happy, not the other way around".

Fork em, leave them sitting happily in their own excrement, find a nicer crowd to hang with, like here.

Family doesn't mean blood relative to me, family is the people I share my world with, we stick together even when we disagree. Blood doesn't give you any privilege.
I am a middle born, so I like it best when people get along. BUT.....There is a person that I no longer feel like I need to do "more of the heavy lifting" to be in that person's life. If that person apologizes for calling me racist I will speak to them again. Not until. I am going to TRY to get my heart straight toward that person, as Christ wants. Then I will be ready to do the right thing. Until then I'm going to lick my wounds in my cave until I heal. Then I'll be able to walk out. Until then, I am trying to be at peace, and not be triggered by fools.

And yes, as a middle born, by life has always been about choosing my family. My friends I'd take a bullet for number a LOT higher than family. When the battles come, you find out who real family is. Lol, wish I could be there when they read my Will!

Dear Diary:

The lovely woman tasked with putting the Qtip up my nose did a phenomenal job. I swear she was touching the backside of my eyeballs but I barely felt it. My nose ran for just a second (it was easily caught) and I blew it once and that was it. I'm going to try and find out her name and make sure her boss finds out how well she did her job.

I never even left my car's seat!

I was a nurse. I tried to bring levity to a sometimes ugly existence for my patients. But I ALWAYS was as gentle as possible with the patient: physically, emotionally, and spiritually....and it made me downright angry to see people who did not have a gentle soul become nurses. EVERYONE is entitled to a bad day once every 2 or 3 years, but not nurses. You are doing God's work so do it right or get a job turning rocks into pebbles.

Dear Diary:

The lovely woman tasked with putting the Qtip up my nose did a phenomenal job. I swear she was touching the backside of my eyeballs but I barely felt it. My nose ran for just a second (it was easily caught) and I blew it once and that was it. I'm going to try and find out her name and make sure her boss finds out how well she did her job.

I never even left my car's seat!

I was a nurse. I tried to bring levity to a sometimes ugly existence for my patients. But I ALWAYS was as gentle as possible with the patient: physically, emotionally, and spiritually....and it made me downright angry to see people who did not have a gentle soul become nurses. EVERYONE is entitled to a bad day once every 2 or 3 years, but not nurses. You are doing God's work so do it right or get a job turning rocks into pebbles.
Good thing I wasn't a nurse, sick people can be cranky and mean, and I can too!

Hope everything is working out OK FT.
I'm feeling a bit better today than yesterday. Actually, quite a bit.

Yesterday reminded me that I am not running a sprint with this illness, but a marathon.

And tiredness, not really fatigue, if that makes any sense, seems to be my lot in life at present.

No fun at all, LOL!

But praise be to God, my lungs are STILL clear.

Is it just me or is most social media held hostage by the thinnest skinned people on Earth? It almost seems as though all you have to do to make your point valid is be offended by something, with no logic or facts required to back it up.

I wish I could say the same. The last time I was tested I swear the girl was trying to see how close she could get to my brain without actually hitting it. I think she overshot by a couple inches.

Back