The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Everyone Loves Sumo!!!

You hear the gyogi announce the winner? Sounded a lot like!

ATAMI FREAKING FUJI!!!!!

Atamifuji yusho let's go!!!

Tamawashi turned 39 during the basho! I’m 38 and couldn’t imagine being physical at their level! He’s one of my favorites for sure!

Watched the whole basho on NHK YouTube this time. NHK needs to get these up the same day. Going back to Natto next time, thanks to all the spoilers in YouTube thumbnails, including NHK's own!
Anyway, it was a great basho.
As much as I like Takakeisho, Kirishima will be a great Yokozuna, agreed.

Watched the whole basho on NHK YouTube this time. NHK needs to get these up the same day. Going back to Natto next time, thanks to all the spoilers in YouTube thumbnails, including NHK's own!
Anyway, it was a great basho.
As much as I like Takakeisho, Kirishima will be a great Yokozuna, agreed.
I am also a Takakeisho fan, but I just don't think his body can get him through a full 15 days consistently to achieve the rank of Yokozuna.

Wakatakakage had a 5-2 record for this basho and MAY return to Juryo next tournament, but that may be a stretch. I am looking forward to seeing him healthy!

Wakatakakage had a 5-2 record for this basho and MAY return to Juryo next tournament, but that may be a stretch. I am looking forward to seeing him healthy!
I think he is too far down for Juryo... but it's possible

I was wondering what was happening with him. 5-2, that's not so great in that division for him. Is the injury still affecting him?

I was wondering what was happening with him. 5-2, that's not so great in that division for him. Is the injury still affecting him?
I need to watch his videos, I had not taken the time to see how he is moving so far. I think @CVargo may be right because Tachiai made no mention of him joining back with Juryo.

Back