The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Everyone Loves Sumo!!!

Luecke3262

“I am the Grail Razor Hunter”
Hobbyist
We need a general sumo discussion thread, so here it is! Discuss!

First post, so I’ll start it off controversially!! Many people find the Henka to be dishonorable and unsportsmanlike. What about this similar move, by the great Hakuho?

So I guess they are saying the Ole Matador move isn't sporting because it's avoiding the main contact. Phewy I say. I've already seen that done later in many matches after some grappling.

I don't really have a problem with the henka. It's a legal move, and as such a rikishi should be able to defend against it. If they are observant enough, they could see it coming. If a lower ranked rikishi was up against a higher rank, it would be much more acceptable to use as a skill check and an attempt to gain an advantage. I do think it's cheap for a higher ranked rikishi to use against a lower rank, however.

Hmmmm interesting

There is a clear bottle neck at the top ranks. But I personally think this is more of a statement that no one is taking over and establishing themselves as dominant.

I agree. There is no real stand-out in the upper division. Hakuho left some mighty big shoes to fill.

I made my selections for Jason's Contest!

@CVargo what did you get with your winnings from the last tournament?

I'd buy this! I think I will buy this!
1668114034709.png

By the way, I started the thread for the next basho, since Matt’s slacking again…

These poor guys can’t even afford bras?

Back