The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Enjoying what you have 2022 Quarter 1

Ugh!!! I have got to turn off notifications for eBay!!! There is some CHEAP NOS Yardley soap that just popped up on buy it now! Thankfully I held strong!

Ugh!!! I have got to turn off notifications for eBay!!! There is some CHEAP NOS Yardley soap that just popped up on buy it now! Thankfully I held strong!
I get that feeling. I watched two NOS Shulton pucks (in mugs, sans lids/box) go for $10 a pop and just watched...😐

Be strong brother

I get that feeling. I watched two NOS Shulton pucks (in mugs, sans lids/box) go for $10 a pop and just watched...😐
Thanks guys. We found out on Wednesday that our landlord of about 3.5 years would like to reoccupy the home. We are on a month to month lease and they want us out by March 1st…. There’s a lot wrong about this, but we have a signed contract and must comply. Thankfully we have been saving for a down payment l, but unfortunately we will not have a full 20% down. So, the belt will be extra tight for a bit to make sure we can put down as much as possible. Hence DEFINITELY no purchases. 😔

It’s a good push toward home ownership and not being reliant on anyone else except yourself.

Thanks guys. We found out on Wednesday that our landlord of about 3.5 years would like to reoccupy the home. We are on a month to month lease and they want us out by March 1st…. There’s a lot wrong about this, but we have a signed contract and must comply. Thankfully we have been saving for a down payment l, but unfortunately we will not have a full 20% down. So, the belt will be extra tight for a bit to make sure we can put down as much as possible. Hence DEFINITELY no purchases. 😔

It’s a good push toward home ownership and not being reliant on anyone else except yourself.
Wow - that is a quick move! My thoughts are with you to get into a new abode!

May the twists of life windfall to your favor!

Unexpected twists like that are never fun, but everything happens for a reason and wishing you guys as smooth transition as possible!

Really sorry to hear about the housing situation. Similar situation happen to us twice in the past 6 or so years. It’s always a huge pain in the butt to move, but on a tight timeline it’s almost maddening.

Wow - that is a quick move! My thoughts are with you to get into a new abode!

May the twists of life windfall to your favor!

Unexpected twists like that are never fun, but everything happens for a reason and wishing you guys as smooth transition as possible!

Really sorry to hear about the housing situation. Similar situation happen to us twice in the past 6 or so years. It’s always a huge pain in the butt to move, but on a tight timeline it’s almost maddening.
Thanks for the support and encouragement guys! I know this is for the best. It’s going to be a bit tough to figure it all out, but we will manage and I’m sure come out of it better than ever! We have always grown through adversity as a family and this will build an even stronger foundation. Even if it’s a bit rushed!!

I was tempted to go off the wagon yesterday.:eek:

I wanted to buy a book from 'the big river' and I normally try to get to the amount to get free shipping. Adding another book got me 1 cent short of free shipping. This is where I normally would add a stick of ARKO, and that's probably what I would have done except for this restraint. I ended up sourcing a used copy of the book from another vendor.

So I'm still in. (y)

I was tempted to go off the wagon yesterday.:eek:

I wanted to buy a book from 'the big river' and I normally try to get to the amount to get free shipping. Adding another book got me 1 cent short of free shipping. This is where I normally would add a stick of ARKO, and that's probably what I would have done except for this restraint. I ended up sourcing a used copy of the book from another vendor.

So I'm still in. (y)
Well done, way to stay strong!

Back