The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

DeepSea’s Journal

Great shave to close out a great Christmas Day. I haven’t been doing much but lurking lately, just kind of in a rut I guess. Tonight’s shave kicked my love for this hobby back into gear. Great lather, a very pleasing scent and a sharp blade let my mind just be in the moment. Damn good stuff!

391AC9CB-0306-49A8-AD44-774F237F0D50.jpeg

General V1
Schick Proline (?)
Greydog Brush
CBL Hombres
Nivea 2-in-1

Vector w/ Proline (1)
Zenith Chubby Scrubby
WCS Grapefroot
Nivea 2-in-1

E72692A4-181B-4EDA-AE13-4D27ABB246AE.jpeg

It’s been quite a while since I’ve wielded the Vector and I’d almost forgotten how great this razor is. Between this and the General I’m leaning more and more to SE than DE… at least for the time being. The Zenith boar is just a pleasure to use. The tips are nice and soft with a decent bit of back bone. I’ve been quite curious about the 2-in-1 for a while and it just delivers. Easily one of the top splashes I’ve had the chance to use. Goes in and absorbs like a splash, yet hydrates and feels like the protection of a balm. I’m gunna have to get a couple of these on order. Maybe a reward for making it 1 day in the “use what ya got 3 month” challenge. :unsure:

Good to see you back Mr. Sea!
I’ve been quite curious about the 2-in-1 for a while and it just delivers. Easily one of the top splashes I’ve had the chance to use. Goes in and absorbs like a splash, yet hydrates and feels like the protection of a balm.
Welcome to the club!

Tonight’s shave:
04E5AB3B-8239-41DB-B9AC-5ED167B95902.jpeg

It’s been a while since I’ve use the TSC/SV brush and I forgot how much I love this knot. The right about of backbone, scrub and flow through for me. I’m guessing about another week and this soap will be gone. The OREN felt a little rough this evening. I’ll have to give it another go tomorrow, Thinking I used an angle better suited for the Vector that’s been heavy in the rotation. Overall a nice enough shave to end the day.
Had oral surgery earlier this week and it’s really through me for a loop. Nothing like a bone graph half way though a busy work week to get ya goin. Luckily there hasn’t been much pain after the first day, but eating has been an interesting endeavor. Hoping to get the thumbs up from the Doc to get back to the pool next week.

Nice shaves John! Hope for a speedy recovery for ya! What prompted the surgery? If you don’t mind sharing that is.

Nice shaves John! Hope for a speedy recovery for ya! What prompted the surgery? If you don’t mind sharing that is.
When I was 7 or so I broke my front tooth in half after falling off my bike. 30 years later and many “fixes” led to the Dentist finally doing a bone graft so he can install an implant. I’ve been rocking the “hockey player” look for the past few months after the tooth snapped off while eating my mother in law’s egg rolls. 😂

Back