The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Cycling - Show us your Rides, Gear, etc.......

My last ride three days ago. Starting to feel a little stronger and will head out again today with the rain gone and the temps around 60F. I've been sticking to this one particular route and doing two 9 mile laps. I'm working up to feeling strong enough to take the road that bisects the Reservation and doing a figure 8, meaning I'll have to ride that middle segment twice. What makes it difficult is it is a nice mountain climb so I'd have to climb that hill twice plus the total elevation gain I normally get from the basic loop. Doing the figure 8 is 12.5 miles roughly so if I do the figure 8 on the first lap and a second loop doing just the 9 miles I'll be curious to see what the total elevation gain will be since I've never ridden it with Strava. Today will just be two 9 mile loops and I'll give the 12.5 mile figure 8 a shot on Saturday when the rain will again be gone.

strava-1.png

My rides have been more like laps in the neighborhood. This last ride was more leisurely. I need to find a place to go that isn't too congested with vehicles so I can get better rides.

1588100281230.png

Well, I didn't think I was going to be able to get off my lazy butt today but I actually made it out for a ride. It was rough. My legs were tired from the ride three days ago. Plus one segment of my ride was closed off to traffic for the first loop so I had to backtrack and take the steep hills back to the house. I then headed off for a second loop. Here is the result. And now I have 3 days of rain to look forward to.

strava-2.png

My last ride three days ago. Starting to feel a little stronger and will head out again today with the rain gone and the temps around 60F. I've been sticking to this one particular route and doing two 9 mile laps. I'm working up to feeling strong enough to take the road that bisects the Reservation and doing a figure 8, meaning I'll have to ride that middle segment twice. What makes it difficult is it is a nice mountain climb so I'd have to climb that hill twice plus the total elevation gain I normally get from the basic loop. Doing the figure 8 is 12.5 miles roughly so if I do the figure 8 on the first lap and a second loop doing just the 9 miles I'll be curious to see what the total elevation gain will be since I've never ridden it with Strava. Today will just be two 9 mile loops and I'll give the 12.5 mile figure 8 a shot on Saturday when the rain will again be gone.

View attachment 22302
What is your strava handle ? Ill follow you

Back