The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Cycling - Show us your Rides, Gear, etc.......

BarberDave

I pre-date cheese sauce
Owner
Veteran
Legacy
First Responder
Good Day TSC:
As many of you know, latter 2019 and all of 2020 is dedicated to me not being in the grave by age 60. I enjoy the Keto lifestyle know and my journey to 165 ( my Air Force Weight ) and the slide from 280 ( yes 280 lbs, Holy Crap!) is 75 lbs in the book. That is the reason for this thread. Bicycling has become one of those avenues for me. So if you are a cyclist post your Rides and gear here:

I'll Start
My Gear: Specialized X-Comp Carbon Orbea M30i19

image2.jpegimage0.jpeg

My latest Ride:
image3.jpeg

and me

Screenshot 2020-01-07 at 11.08.28.png

I used to ride my bike to work, but then I moved much further away. On top of that I got a flat tire a couple years ago, and since I wasn't using my bike anyway, I never got around to fixing it. It's a Trek 7.2 Hybrid, I believe.

Good for you @BarberDave I used to ride a lot, but the weather here got the better of me, and it aggravates my asthma now. I make up for it by walking, going to the gym 4-6 times a week and some ballet on the side. Getting close to 60 here too.

Nice going. Incredible that you've dropped 75 lbs. I need to lose 50 lbs. The bike is a good way to do it, especially with lots of hills on your route. Nice bike too. It's too dang cold here for me to think about getting on the bike. I won't do it until the spring. I'm a wuss. And this is what I'll be riding when I do.

IMG_0145.jpeg

@BarberDave How do you like the Strava App?

I have been wanting to do more bike rides as of late. I like riding and it's a great source of cardio! I don't have a road bike and am still riding the Trek Mountain bike I used from 2008-2010 when I was riding on the LSU campus for classes. It went through the flood a few years ago...but I was able to get it restored. I think I need to buy new gears or gear cables for it...but other than that...it rides like a charm. Put more road freindly tires on it and all is well. Here is a pic of before and after the restoration. I probably could have put the money into a new bike...but felt that there was nothing wrong with it. Anyway...going to try to get some rides in the next coming weeks!

Great work Dave on getting healthy! I went off the rails this past holiday season...but getting back on track!

1579182963381.png

I have a Giant Escape Hybrid. I love riding it but the landscape is pretty hilly here and the season is pretty short.
Escape_1_blue.jpg

Last Sunday it was mid 60's so I decided to get on the bike for the first time in about 6 months. And I also decided to record my first ride on Strava. What a great app. I don't know why I haven't been using it.

Image-1.jpg

Awesome stuff guys and @dangerousdon i love the strava app as it is very much like facebook as you can follow folks, be a good source of motivation and track all metrics. So it is the main app I use. However, the relive app is fun to show path and music. Plus it gains data from Apple Health and exercise app. Fun stuff and glad you are going to start riding again. If you want a more road friendly tire try the Grimpton tubeless. Pretty good on limiting road resistance, but good for gravel and dirt paths. Not for real off road

Nice ride. And that's a great app. I may have to check it out as well. I need all the motivation I can get these days and being able to see the results of my ride and real stats is highly motivating.

Back