The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Corona Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's all a conspiracy to deprive me of those small four tortillas. I haven't seen them in weeks around my neck of the woods. They have the big ones but the little ones are great for making small personal quesadillas.

image.png

Since you are on the Front Lines, are you hearing anything that would lead to a possible timeline for a vac?
No sir. Most of the talk is about testing. Which confuses me about all the ramp up in testing. There are many rapid tests that we refuse to use because of the inaccuracies. You get a false negative and boom, you’re out there spreading your seed thinking you’re safe.

No sir. Most of the talk is about testing. Which confuses me about all the ramp up in testing. There are many rapid tests that we refuse to use because of the inaccuracies. You get a false negative and boom, you’re out there spreading your seed thinking you’re safe.
OH.... So you have been to Arizona LOL They are hoping to blitz 30,000 tests each weekend and using the 10-minute results version. hence WE open, LOL

Actually, has anyone heard any more about the inflammatory syndrome that has killed 3 children in NY that is supposed to be related to covid-19? This thing seems to be mutating all over the place.
OH dear Lord, something else. We must be getting ready to go to Level 6 of Jumanji. Someone break those Drums. and I agree now there is a run on tortillas both regular, corn and Keto LOL

Actually, has anyone heard any more about the inflammatory syndrome that has killed 3 children in NY that is supposed to be related to covid-19? This thing seems to be mutating all over the place.
I saw something about rashes and swelling, in the feet I think. Is that what you mean?

So hide for a year?
Honestly, I try not to think too much about it. Given that it seems we’re still trying to figure this thing out. But it does scare me. This started with healthy and “young” people not needing to worry too much about contracting it, to there being people younger than myself without a medical history being admitted to our hospital. Now, is that mutation or just getting more information about the same thing? Hearing about multiple strains tends to leans towards mutation which then is scary. That would mean no or less herd immunity and less effective or no immunizations. My hope is that over time, being exposed to it even if it is mutating will help our immune systems cope with this type of virus and maybe the severity of illness might drop? All I know is open or not, for a very long time I’ll be weary of the length of time our family spends in public places.

... All I know is open or not, for a very long time I’ll be weary of the length of time our family spends in public places.
Erring on the side of caution ( -vs- Paranoia ) is what we'll be doing as well. I've been given approval to return to the office if I wish, but I have declined several times saying that I think WFH is more socially responsible right now.

My life experiences, and especially my military expeditions, have shown me that for the most part; humans are very resilient. Capable of atrocities both petty and grotesque, but ultimately illuminated by the same spirit. We will get through this.

The “what are you drinking thread” makes me think a few of you should try out my theory that keeping your alcohol blood level up will kill the virus too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back