The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Corona Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Press conference. It took two weeks for us to double our positive cases. We have hot spots. State wants to slowly start opening up the economy. Governor states that mid-May we might be able to sit in a restaurant and have a meal. But restaurants have to be prepared to operate at 50% capacity inside restaurants.

Yea I don't think I am sitting down in a restaurant for quite awhile honestly.

Also masks are a fashion statement and should be worn at all times when out in public.

Yea I don't think I am sitting down in a restaurant for quite awhile honestly
This is the problem I see going forward. I agree with you and think many will have a problem going in and sitting for quite awhile. How long can resturaunts handle the losses.....

ill tell you my family and i are not going into a restaurant to sit down and eat for quite a while even when they reopen... I think its also CRAZY to think about opening the schools back up this year.If my state reopens the schools this school year my son is going to be home schooled.

It is a very hard balance for sure! I want nothing more then to hug my grandma, my mom, and my dad. But the thought of handing my child off to a doctor to take into a hospital because they end up with a bad case of this disease while my wife and I stay home hoping they are okay. It just gives me nightmares! We will continue to stay cautious and do our best stimulate the economy in other ways.

Sitting in a restaurant at a Chilis NOPE!

I think the “it’s now up to the individual states” statement made is a bit too soon. I’d hate to see things flare up worse.

I think the “it’s now up to the individual states” statement made is a bit too soon. I’d hate to see things flare up worse.
you know its gonna. i mean china closed on 23 January 2020 and is slowly now beginning to have a limited lifting of their lock down and they are seeing an increase in their numbers again... The USA Never did a full lock down but the states did their own and i mean some of the states are barely into it , Georgia Just went into lock down on April 3, 2020 and South Carolina April 6,2020 and its only been 11 days so there is NO WAY we should be lifting this thing or expecting the numbers to Not go up dramatically when its lifted to soon..... a country locks completely down for 4 months and still has problems or places locked down 2 weeks... get real this is gonna hurt the USA badly if we open back up....... .

Edited to say....
I'm not fussing at or complaining to you. I don't want it to seem like i was.... I just dont think the country is ready to be opened back up....

Deaths in Individuals with COVID-19 infection : 116

Total Positive Cases : 4,086

In My county, total positive cases are 204. Total deaths are 5 and rate per 100k is 63.79

Here we are as of today I am in Pima County. This last update was about 10-mins ago
Arizona cases
Updated Apr 17 at 4:27 PM local
Confirmed
+272
Deaths
+8
Recovered
Data is collected from multiple sources that update at different times and may not always align. Some states may not provide complete county-level info.

Confirmed
Deaths
Recovered
Maricopa
-
Pima
-
Navajo
-
Coconino
-
Pinal
-
Apache
-
Yavapai
-
Mohave
-
Yuma
-
Cochise
-
Santa Cruz
-
Gila
-
La Paz
-
Greenlee
-
Graham

We are not flattening we are accelerating ;-(

Thinking about all the folks in long term care right now. It hasn’t gotten enough press yet, but the residents and caregivers are bearing a huge brunt of the illness and deaths. My county commissioner was on one of the cable news channels this week talking about it. We have the second highest confirmed illness rate in PA after Philly, and almost 2/3 of the deaths are from long term care facilities. My little town has an outsized death rate in connection with the 8 facilities in town.

Horrible. My parents have both passed so it’s not an issue for me personally, but I can’t begin to imagine how helpless families feel when they can’t visit or see their parents or grandparents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back