The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Corona Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

This has to be the fastest a vaccine trial has EVER got to the test stage. And the method is really interesting also. I have read about similar methods in trial phases of late with curing certain types of blindness. This method may be the way of the future for a lot of things.

Article is a quick read and pretty short.

This has to be the fastest a vaccine trial has EVER got to the test stage. And the method is really interesting also. I have read about similar methods in trial phases of late with curing certain types of blindness. This method may be the way of the future for a lot of things.

Article is a quick read and pretty short.
So they'll know in 12 months if it's effective :unsure:

Yeah I tried to tell my wife that this was the time for me to get my Vector and Paladin because there wouldn't be a better time. She just stood there and gave me this look...

Tell her it's an early gift for the new little guy to inherit.....................................I know. It'll solicit the same look only more intense.......

I'm sure most people have heard by now...but I want to post it here for those who have not.

It seems that if you owe federal taxes, you can defer payment and penalties for an additional 90 days. But you still have to file!

Also, If you are affected adversly in the employment area...Amazon is hiring an additional 100,000 people during this time and increasing pay of current employees.

It might not be the job you want...but it could help out.

Another good thing to come out of all of this is the expansion of telemedicine for those on Medicare. This is a big deal as it is not limited to those who suspect they have COVID 19. It covers all visits. So if you are diabetic and have a routine visit coming up...you might be able to use the Telemedicine option.

Last edited:
I've got enough shave gear. I'm getting a bidet.
Yeah. Me too!

I don't have TV, I don't read the paper, I generally try to avoid news at all costs. I hate most of what the mainstream media puts out. I usually get updates on the important stuff on the radio on my drive to work, or on Facebook. I guess I'm lucky being in the middle of the US, this has been slow to reach us and the spreading has been minimal. This thread has helped me realize how bad it is out there for some areas. Was looking at a few sites and saw this map from a day or two ago. It's interesting to see county maps like this to see how stuff spreads....

Ohio3.png

Yeah. Me too!

I don't have TV, I don't read the paper, I generally try to avoid news at all costs. I hate most of what the mainstream media puts out. I usually get updates on the important stuff on the radio on my drive to work, or on Facebook. I guess I'm lucky being in the middle of the US, this has been slow to reach us and the spreading has been minimal. This thread has helped me realize how bad it is out there for some areas. Was looking at a few sites and saw this map from a day or two ago. It's interesting to see county maps like this to see how stuff spreads....

View attachment 18955
Nobody in our county yet, but three in Franklin which is right next door.

Yeah. Me too!

View attachment 18955
Not to poop on your parade KJ...but please keep taking preventive measures. Just because your county doesn't have a reported case, doesn't mean that the virus isn't there yet. It just means that no one has tested positive in your area yet. Rural areas are going to be slow to start getting people tested. And if I had to guess...I am sure the virus is in your area. Just keep on keeping on my man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back