The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

A really nice couple of shave Chris! And the pics are awesome as always. Way to end the year and start a new one on some really high quality shaves! Great idea about an entire month of MdC! I hope your travels are safe and I hope you return home sooner than expected! We all appreciate your posts around here Chris! Happy New Year!!!

Great back to back shaves! Collared greens and Black Eyed peas, can’t go wrong. Safe travels and Happy New Year!

The great thing about MdC is that you can use it for a whole month and it won't look like you used any lol.

Great catch up. Hope you enjoyed the holidays with your family. The Fine cream first use sounds interesting. Looking forward to reading about more shaves.

Many thanks, Gents! I sure appreciate the comments.

Back in town, and I took MdC's "Fougere" with me on the road. I also took a sample of the first fougere frag ever created - the one that started it all back in 1882 - Fougere Royale by Houbigant. This has been reformulated over the years, obviously, but it is still a fantastic scent, and it works with the MdC Fougere soap wonderfully. I'll be buying a full bottle of this after winter!

I'll be using MdC's "Rose" today and will continue rotating all the MdC scents this entire month.

Also, of note (or not), is that I will be posting less and less. I find myself feeling more "crunched for time", and need to devote my energies to "real life" moving forward I'll peek in now and then, but my journal entries are going to be scarce. Just thought I'd mention it.

Been keeping up with the journal, Chris, and enjoy the updates. Truly understand where you're coming from as far as updates. Hope life gets back in line for you soon, and less crunched.

My activities on the journal has decreased but there are definitely other threads that I chime in on and it keeps me connected. ?

I've had Fougere Royale on my radar for some time. Like many frags, it has ended up on the back burner, but I'll end up with a bottle eventually. I definitely understand not being able to post as much, and hope all is going well.

I know what you mean about not having the time. I had to disappear for a while back in the summer to focus on some real world stuff. But I agree with NurseDave, sounds like you just need to retire ???.

Completely understand the “life stuff”, but priorities are what they are. Check in when you can.

On another note, I got those samples in today. They smell great, thank you!

Back