The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

Ive asker her about it before. I think there just isn’t enough profit room for her to sell them at a discount to the reseller for them to sell them at retail price.

That would make sense..her stuff is great nonetheless!

Ive asker her about it before. I think there just isn’t enough profit room for her to sell them at a discount to the reseller for them to sell them at retail price.

That would make sense..her stuff is great nonetheless!

Gotchya. And yeh, that would make sense. Gotta dig Mystic Water soaps! I've only got about 9 more MW samples to go and then I would have tried them all.

I see now that the little image insert icon has changed to a little camera icon and moved locations, so here's my pic from earlier today:

Nice.
I'm a fan of mystic water soaps, too, and of Michelle. She is a really great lady.
In addition to her shave soaps, I use her shampoo bar, her hair oil, and her deodorant. All are highly recommended. I've been using the two hair products since about 2012 or so. I started using the deodorant last October, and haven't used anything else since.
My wife is currently using one of her bath bars, too. She also uses a Mystic Water exfoliating bar for her heels and has one of Michelle's roll-on perfumes.
I have also used a Lava-type soap that Michelle makes for men to keep in the garage for when their hands are really soiled.

Nice.
I'm a fan of mystic water soaps, too, and of Michelle. She is a really great lady.
In addition to her shave soaps, I use her shampoo bar, her hair oil, and her deodorant. All are highly recommended. I've been using the two hair products since about 2012 or so. I started using the deodorant last October, and haven't used anything else since.
My wife is currently using one of her bath bars, too. She also uses a Mystic Water exfoliating bar for her heels and has one of Michelle's roll-on perfumes.
I have also used a Lava-type soap that Michelle makes for men to keep in the garage for when their hands are really soiled.

Roger all, Randall. I didn't know she offered deodorants. But I have had several of her bar/bath soaps. Excellent!

Great shave!

Thanks, Tim.

BTW, this afternoon, I received the second of the two vintage soaps that I was expecting this week. So in addition to the vintage Colgate Cup soap and the vintage Williams, I now have...........

NOS Wrisley "Saddle Club":

And.....well, I'll let the pictures say everything for this second one.....

NOS Yardley that is about 80 years old!

SR Shave #635:

Guerlain Vetiver....a classic....and for good reason!

Late last night, as I was thinking ahead about what to use for this morning, I just "knew" it had to be vetiver. I don't know why, but that's the way it was going to be, as it's always a great way to leave the house for work. And yep, gotta head out soon, so without further ado, here was the set up:

Like I stated at the beginning, Guerlain Vetiver is a classic, and I flat-out dig the EdT! Love it!! And evidently, so does the maker of Fine Accoutrements, because, as has been mentioned many times, the Clean Vetiver (now named "Green" Vetiver) aftershave is practically a dead-ringer for the Guerlain and absolutely wonderful. The soap smells like it too, and this morning's shave was fantastic! As a matter of fact, everything about this morning's shave was excellent.

This Dorko 576 razor is one of my absolute favorite straight razors! CBL honed this one for me some months back, and it has an outstanding edge. Last night, I gave it a slight refresh (because it was about due) on the Natural Whetstone translucent Ark, and this edge is still marvelous. Did two passes and would have normally walked away with a rock solid DFS(+); but I have to work till late tonight, so I opted for a cleanup pass with the Merkur 34 (so as not to get an unexpected visit from you-know-who). The result was an ultra-comfortable BBS(-).

Finished up with the Fine Clean Vetiver aftershave, then the real deal Guerlain Vetiver EdT. Yes! About to head out the door walking tall.

BTW, I've been keeping up with everyone's journals, but alas, I haven't commented due to time constraints, so my apologies. Hope everyone has a good start to the week!

Fantastic shave Chris! Charlie Brown cracks me up every time I see him offering up the day’s sacrifice to the shave gods.

I’ve got samples of Fine’s Clean Vetiver and Fresh Vetiver aftershaves; looking forward to trying them!

Chris my apologies I fell behind but I really enjoyed the read. Good stuff! Awesome mail call too.

Whew, that's a lot of vintage soap. Great stuff Chris. I like Guerlain Vetiver, but LIDG is still my favorite scent from them.

Fantastic shave Chris! Charlie Brown cracks me up every time I see him offering up the day’s sacrifice to the shave gods.

I’ve got samples of Fine’s Clean Vetiver and Fresh Vetiver aftershaves; looking forward to trying them!

Thanks, Chris. I think you'll like the Fine Vetivers.

Chris my apologies I fell behind but I really enjoyed the read. Good stuff! Awesome mail call too.

Thanks, Chad. And no worries; I fall behind in the journals as well.

Whew, that's a lot of vintage soap. Great stuff Chris. I like Guerlain Vetiver, but LIDG is still my favorite scent from them.

Thanks, Eric. And I'm with ya on the LIDG - one of my favorite frags!

Back in town, and a short soap entry. The two (both samples) that I used whilst on the road were:

Mystic Water "Ginger Pear": An interesting scent that was nice. Very much so like the name, and actually one of the more strongly scented MW offerings at a solid 3/5, perhaps even 4/5 on the SOS scale. I wish that I had taken some Swiss Pitralon aftershave along to pair (see what I did there) with this soap. I liked it. I won't necessarily give it the "I dig it" rating, but I liked it.

Storybook Soapworks "Hook": A solid 4/5 on the SOS scale and actually more like 5/5. This one is strong and is a straight-ahead leather scent to me. The website description of the scent is:

"Hook is built upon an accord of Cedarwood, French oak, gunpowder, leather, and sandalwood."

I detect nothing but the leather. I'm not sure I really like this one, to be honest, as I tend to prefer leather scented shaving soaps that have other noticeable notes that I can easily discern. But the performance was stellar - downright elite status - at least with the water in PA.

Tomorrow, it'll be time to use one of the new-to-me vintage soaps.

Hope everyone has had a good start to the week.

Interesting Haven't used Hook in awhile and don't detect scents as most can but it is a winner scent wise from what I remember. Have the set and caused me to get 3 more of there sets from a BST. Welcome home

Welcome home Chris. If you like leather you should check out the Cuero Oscuro from Wholly Kaw in the Donkey Milk formula. It is absolutely stellar on all accounts!

Back