The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal Continued

Man...everyone is gushing about the Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli. But any kind of rose scented soap lights my skin up. I can handle every other scent, but rose for some reason does me in. Great shave! Love the pics!

Nice shave and pic.

Genco razors are really nice. While my "Old Dutch" is not my favorite straight, I really like it. I am hoping to acquire a few more eventually.

I've said many time before that I'm done with blind-buying soaps, and this time I really mean it!
1f60e.png
Exactly. I'm done with that forever until I do it again!

Nice shave today, Chris. I opted for the blind buy of the Colonia Basalmica instead of the Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli...mainly because SWMBO can't stand patchouli. I might have to reassess, however.

Sorry to hear the scent wasn't in your wheelhouse, however...I wonder if the citrus would have been any brighter/fresher (instead of day old grapefruit) if it would have helped the scent profile at all?

Thanks, Josh. Sounds like I should have gotten the Colonia instead.

Have a good time visiting Mom!

Very nice piece of steel there today. And the wood grain on that brush, gorgeous!

Thanks. And we had a good lunch. PSA: remember, it's Mother's Day this coming Sunday!

Man...everyone is gushing about the Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli. But any kind of rose scented soap lights my skin up. I can handle every other scent, but rose for some reason does me in. Great shave! Love the pics!

Thanks, Don. I'm only "gushing" about the performance - the scent I did not care for. And I didn't realize that rose caused many folk problems. I believe that Dave suffers the same.

Nice shave and pic.

Genco razors are really nice. While my "Old Dutch" is not my favorite straight, I really like it. I am hoping to acquire a few more eventually.

Thanks, Doug. This "Old Dutch" is actually my favorite Genco razor. I like the heft and weight. My other Genco razors are just too light for my preferences now.

Great shave with the Old Dutch Chris. Too bad the scent of the soap was not for you, but it sounds like the performance is exactly for you!

Thanks, Doug. This "Old Dutch" is actually my favorite Genco razor. I like the heft and weight. My other Genco razors are just too light for my preferences now.

Well, obviously they suck and you should send them to me for proper disposal.
1f601.png

Catching up Chris!

Great shaves, reads, and pictures! Too bad the scent of the soap in the last one wasn't to your liking, but other than that still a great shave!

Well based off scent you saved me a purchase. Thank you.

Happy to save you some $$.

Great shave with the Old Dutch Chris. Too bad the scent of the soap was not for you, but it sounds like the performance is exactly for you!

Thanks, Walt. I certainly cannot complain about the performance.

Well, obviously they suck and you should send them to me for proper disposal.
1f601.png

Well, I do have the Easy Aces, a Master Barber, and a Henry's XX that could possibly become available.
1f60e.png

Sorry that the scent is not in your wheel house. Great shave otherwise

Thanks, Don.

Nice Shave, pic and read Chris

Thanks, Dave.

Catching up Chris!

Great shaves, reads, and pictures! Too bad the scent of the soap in the last one wasn't to your liking, but other than that still a great shave!

Thanks, Craig.

Awesome shave, Chris! I have another Declaration (L&L) - Chatillon Lux collaboration with the Champs de Lavande, and I agree there is something special with the performance. I am also glad to see your interpretation of the scent, because I, too, love me some rose, and now I know I can skip this one. If you can ever get your hands on some, The Holy Black's Cracklin' Rosie is actually my favorite rose scent of all time. I think you'd really enjoy it. Actually, if you'd like I can send you a sample of both the soap and the splash.

Awesome shave, Chris! I have another Declaration (L&L) - Chatillon Lux collaboration with the Champs de Lavande, and I agree there is something special with the performance. I am also glad to see your interpretation of the scent, because I, too, love me some rose, and now I know I can skip this one. If you can ever get your hands on some, The Holy Black's Cracklin' Rosie is actually my favorite rose scent of all time. I think you'd really enjoy it. Actually, if you'd like I can send you a sample of both the soap and the splash.

Roger all, Jim. And thanks - I'd love a small sample!

Friday's Shave:

I decided to go for a quick shave this morning, and chose, what else....of course....

"IN...JEC...TOR"!

Just one pass with some cleanup was all that was needed today and I walked away with a wonderful DFS(-). The Paladin whipped up an outstanding lather with the Mike's Bay Rum. I really need to use this brush more often -it's fantastic. And this Bay Rum soap is one of my favorite bay rum scented soaps - I totally dig it! Finished up with some VIBR and it was a great start to the day!

I will have to admit that the Mike's Bay Rum does smell wonderful. The Injector however...man that thing bites!

I will have to admit that the Mike's Bay Rum does smell wonderful. The Injector however...man that thing bites!

Don, this particular model injector is the mildest one that I've tried and doesn't bite at all. Now I've tried other models, that yes, I'll agree with you, can be more aggressive.

good pic, and shave

Thanks, Dave.

Great shave. The I1 Injector was a solid choice.

Thanks, Doug. I totally dig this model injector.

Back