The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

CBLindsay's Most Excellent VLOGs

Enjoyed the commentary and your method. Lot’s to learn being on about shave 5 now.

What was the razor used? I didn’t catch it.
That’s a Genco Henry’s x. Pretty basic size and shape.
You’ll notice a huge difference as you approach 40 shaves, then again at 100.
One thousand straight shaves pretty awesome.

But I think I finally figured out why you won't shave the goatee. It's effectively your second brush. I see you grabbing lather from it and placing it in places. Smart! Perhaps I'll grow one of those so the guys can make fun of me again.
You caught me.

My wife was complaining about how shaggy I was looking (and how the long grey hairs in my ‘stache looked like booger’s so I shaved it all. Ok I clippered it, I can’t go naked lip it freaks me out

Congrats Brother on 1000! nice going!!! although you and Chad need a haircut, fly me out and I will do it! LOL Also is it me? Look at Time Stamo 3:32-3:35 and what or who comes to mind? ROFL

Well look here, another vlog entry ....and a speaking version at that. I received my Wade & Butcher back from @uacowboy , our Arizon TSC hobbyist in charge of scales and honing so I figured i’d Give it a go. I had 3-4 days growth on my face and hadn’t used a traditional straight for a month or more so this could have gone wrong in many ways. Fortunately it only wen wrong in a few minor ways.

Nice to see you on the screen again Chris! That’s just a beautiful blade through and through.

Cool info on the non-profit project! Looking forward to seeing how that rolls out!

Enjoyed the video Chris. Glad you are happy with the razor.

And yeah my dogs do the same thing to me all the time when I'm on night shift and Shaving in the afternoon.

I was jump shocked with you when the dogs barked!

You said something towards the end about 'wiping' and a DE pass, but it was muffled. Do you recall what it was, it was probably pertinent to me.

I was jump shocked with you when the dogs barked!

You said something towards the end about 'wiping' and a DE pass, but it was muffled. Do you recall what it was, it was probably pertinent to me.
Cole, If I recall he has talking about using a de first to knock down the whiskers and then using the straight which helps you have a lighter touch as you aren't focusing on pushing thru a thicker growth and it's like wiping lather off only.................................I think that's what he was saying.........................

Cole, If I recall he has talking about using a de first to knock down the whiskers and then using the straight which helps you have a lighter touch as you aren't focusing on pushing thru a thicker growth and it's like wiping lather off only.................................I think that's what he was saying.........................
Thanks Dave, I thought that was the gist of it but wasn't quite sure.

BTW I forgot to mention that W&B razor was stunning. I'll be looking into doing something similar with the Torrey for sure.

Just caught the video. Nice one and the scale do look nice. Three mirrors for 3-D? Are you shaving into one of those magnifying mirrors?

Just caught the video. Nice one and the scale do look nice. Three mirrors for 3-D? Are you shaving into one of those magnifying mirrors?
No...kind of. I have a new shaving mirror from ikea because the backside (magnify) of my old one broke and that bothered me. The reason a shaving mirror became necessary in the first place was twofold, poor vision and a decorative mirror with a poorly placed bevel. Well, poorly placed bevel and my poor vision had me believing my goatee was nice and squared away when I actually looked like an abstract painting. Now that I’m using a round shaving mirror that isn’t exactly aligned as I would like it I struggle with the same things.

Ya, sounds like another solution is in order.

Back