The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

CBLindsay's Most Excellent VLOGs

Boars also have a large break in period, so it will get better and better with time. As the tips split, it will get much softer. A well aged boar can actually feel softer than a badger!

This is true!

Since my man size hands threw you off Suzy, here it is with others for scale
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
BWahahahahaa!!

Finally had a chance to watch the axe Video Chris. Very entertaining.
If that is what one of Shawn's knives come out as I would be interested in one of his straights when he prefects them.

I'm still jealous of that brush Chris. I'm mainly a badger guy, but I do really enjoy a nice boar on occasion, and that handle is beautiful. I'd be happy to break it in for you.
1f602.png

Thank you. I couldn't ask for a better review than that. I think the bevel angle is roughly around 20 degrees for that, so not the most comfortable for shaving, but nice to see it held it's own.
And a Bolsano!?!? My experience with them, I'd rather use the axe before you tweaked it than a new out of the pack Bolsano. Those things are horrible for me. Like road rash bad.

Just watched the into so far. Seem to be a lot of birds for a wet shaving video. Do you pluck the bird to get BBS?

Video is qued up for later but congrats on 1k straight shaves. Kinda makes me wish I had kept a count.

Enjoyed the commentary and your method. Lot’s to learn being on about shave 5 now.

What was the razor used? I didn’t catch it.

One thousand straight shaves pretty awesome.

But I think I finally figured out why you won't shave the goatee. It's effectively your second brush. I see you grabbing lather from it and placing it in places. Smart! Perhaps I'll grow one of those so the guys can make fun of me again.

Back