The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

CBLindsay's Most Excellent VLOGs

Chris. Thank you so much for the video. Really appreciated it! Nice to hear a little bit of info on your soaps and the TSC, as always. We say, lol, quite often, but I literally LOL’d at your comments on the Florida Water.... yep, I know how it can be!

I admire you for branching out, and bringing CBL Soaps to the masses. I wish you the best of luck! And glad, you can actually make a little bit of money, as opposed to always giving your stuff away... good on ya, brother!

Really enjoyed the video, and I know you don’t make many, but I always enjoy them when you make them. Thanks for all you do, for us!

Ouch, slice right off the bat!

Good job on getting yourself out there as a vendor Chris. You’ve given the Cadre a privilege in being your first customers and very likely your first reviewers!

I am so excited for you! Turning a hobby into a cottage business. That blade knew it was it’s last chance to bite you and took every opportunity! I shouldn’t do on line shopping after my nighttime meds. ?

Ouch, slice right off the bat!

Good job on getting yourself out there as a vendor Chris. You’ve given the Cadre a privilege in being your first customers and very likely your first reviewers!
My life time banning from sissies and stiffs May mean the Cadre are the ONLY gentlemen to experience the fruits of my labor. I will gladly wear that badge of honor if that is to be the case.

My life time banning from sissies and stiffs May mean the Cadre are the ONLY gentlemen to experience the fruits of my labor. I will gladly wear that badge of honor if that is to be the case.

Word will spread, I’m certain of it!

Sure made quick Weck of that growth!

Good shave, but GREAT haircut! Looks pretty good on ya. ?

I agree, I like the hair cut. Pretty confident with those strokes!

Kudos for stepping up to the plate. Glad you made it out without more damage and thank you for the entertainment.

Great video Chris! I think Eric can consider his challenge equaled!

That knife did a great job as did that boar! Was that first use of the boar? It put out a pretty mean lather!

Awesome Shave Chris! You did look good in the beard though.

Great video Chris! I think Eric can consider his challenge equaled!

That knife did a great job as did that boar! Was that first use of the boar? It put out a pretty mean lather!
I had lathered the brush a couple times to break it in but not done a full face lather. The beard throws off the whole face lather mojo. It’s like lathering a brush on a brush. Truth is the boar did great I just needed the cozy comfort a nice big badger brush provides.

Is it really a bad blade if it gave you a nice shave? Good stuff Chris!

Congrats on 25 years! That is quite the accomplishment. I hope to be there one day.

I had lathered the brush a couple times to break it in but not done a full face lather. The beard throws off the whole face lather mojo. It’s like lathering a brush on a brush. Truth is the boar did great I just needed the cozy comfort a nice big badger brush provides.

Boars also have a large break in period, so it will get better and better with time. As the tips split, it will get much softer. A well aged boar can actually feel softer than a badger!

Back